Free 1982 corvette .... needs a lot but runs

JeffP1167

OKay ... This is meant for only SERIOUS inquiries !!!!! I have had the car many years and do have clear title to the car. Sadly a family emergency is forcing me to dispose of this project and I would prefer it to go to someone who WILL FINISH IT! Would be just as easy for me to send it to a junk yard after all.

it is a convertible conversion

It is missing the complete interior!

mechanically it is all there I think ... with exception of cooling system because I was going to switch it to a dual fan new radiator setup.

the car is located in Southern California and I can not ship nor do I have the time to assist in shipping it.

Has a 350 CFI motor, 700r4, dana44 rear.

I wish you the best with you family issue and you got all my respect not leaving the car being crushed/parted.

Jeff, I sent this in a copy/paste to my son Tom, in Berzerkley.....maybe he can get down there.....him and his g/f I assume....

if he is interested, I get you two phone numbers.....

he works as a mechanic....

first, all the best with the family issues.

i'm sure you'll find somebody here who will take care of the 82, too bad I don't have the space for it and I'm roughly 2500 miles away....

If I thought my truck would make the trip I would be hooking up to my trailer right now and leaving tonight. Unfortunately though the old truck is in need of an engine. Hope everything works out for you and I hope you find a good home for your car.

I'm game. Living in Vegas, I could probably make the trip over a weekend. Fuel alone would probably cost me as much as buying one locally, but worth it. If you don't have any other takers, let me know.

Sorry guys .... 6 people are coming by this weekend to look at the car. Hopefully I can make a package deal out of both of them.

Damn. I was filling the truck up with diesel this morning.
But I need another project like I need a hole in the head.
Oh well.

thought I would add some pictures of the two cars

Please keep in mind the 1990 is NOT free ... here is the 82

This is a project car so keep that in mind.

has had a 84 serpentine conversion
has a 1990 700r4
missing ALL interior
will need radiator and fans
mechanically all there
needs a lot of finishing work
it is 100% rust free aside from minor surface rust & has been garaged last 15 years and has approx 140k miles.
it did run and drive good prior to being converted into a convertible

DSCF0665.jpg

DSCF0659.jpg

DSCF0574.jpg

DSCF0571.jpg

DSCF0560.jpg

DSCF0793.jpg

Now for the 1990 it runs really good ... please dont offer 500.00 for it but offers welcome on the car ... as you can see it has had alot put into it.

new tires
new exhaust magnaflow with LT1 tipped mufflers
new interior
new weatherstripping
had a complete headjob with new gaskets and all
new cats and everything
have J55 calipers and abutments for it
needs paint obviously
91 body upgrade started on it and will need front bumper
3 years behind on registration
originally polo green with black interior

DSCF0445.jpg

DSCF0194.jpg

DSCF0108.jpg

DSCF0105.jpg

DSCF0040.jpg

DSCF0049.jpg

DSCF0022.jpg

DSCF0027.jpg

DSCF0026.jpg

DSCF0214.jpg

DSCF0212.jpg

DSCF0443.jpg

DSCF0444.jpg

DSCF0099.jpg

What a truly disappointing weekend!

Some people are just so stupid it makes me laugh, I didn't even make it to prospective owner two after the first person pissed me off by saying he thinks the car is stolen because I couldn't find the title on that day.

Needless to say NO MORE dealing with people ... I'm just going to go rent a storage unit tomorrow and store the car. Easier for me to pay 160 a month then deal with stupidity and in a month or two just ebay the dam car.

Just gonna start ebay at 1.00 and watch a bidding war!

storage is probably the best, hopefully sooner than later you can continue and finish the Vette.

didn't Clutchdust say he'd take it ???

storage is probably the best, hopefully sooner than later you can continue and finish the Vette.

I'm not going to deal with people on the car. It ain't stolen I have clear title for it and have had the car about 13 years. Aint no back fee's on it since it's been non op'ed. Maybe when my kid is 18 I will play with the car again. The 90 is almost at the point of being ready for use so will just register it and park it is all.

Actually all the 82 needs is every possible interior part, cooling system setup, new fuel pump, new tires, a lot of finishing fiberglassing and paint. It starts and runs fine, trans works perfectly, nothing except for the cooling system is mechanically missing from it.

would have made a awesome project car for someone, its not a car that is even remotely a parting out type car. Has no rust whatsoever, hell I would have even throw in a entire 1990 corvette front and rear suspension setup with the car.

But screw it, the car will be stored long term and some day I will do something with it.

Don't know what happened to my earlier post, but yes, I did say I would take it, if the offer still stands.
I actually plan on being down in SoCal once or twice in the next month or so, trailer in tow, should it be needed <hint, hint>.

Don't know what happened to my earlier post, but yes, I did say I would take it, if the offer still stands.
I actually plan on being down in SoCal once or twice in the next month or so, trailer in tow, should it be needed <hint, hint>.

Sorry it's just going to be stored, already have things lined up. Think is what I am going to do is strip my 1990 and use the TPI engine, automatic and all suspension parts and tires on the 82 & then scrap the shell of the 90. Not going to deal with people and cars anymore.