need corvette c5 spindle and arms dimensions

sebaso56

hello

this post is to collect information about the ifs and irs suspension of corvette c5 to prototype in AUTOCAD for public use of all

for the manufacture of spindles, arms, crossmember, and others for corvettes modified

I ask the collaboration who have the ability to take measurements and 2D drawings so I can perform 3D and cutting plane

thanks ...

Welcome aboard and best of luck!

There are a few dimensions and drawings about - I have a few and will look for them and send along. It will be a few days - away from home.

Cheers Jim

Welcome to the motley crew.....

hope someone will be along shortly to help you in your quest....

:yahoo:

I just put an iges file of the C5 rear UCA in the downloads section. Somewhere I have the upright and lower. I'll see if I can find them.

448e1398f6b9ce.jpg

thank you very much excellent contribution

I live in Colombia and as you can understand if there are 3 or 4 corvette c5 in my country is very difficult to take measures to a friend I will quote how much it costs to buy and bring full front and rear

if given that this week has just performed the CAD drawings for manufacture in steel

screenshot20111116at915.png

Can't remeber but I think they are Solidworks files. I'm not sure what would happen if you converted the 3D model to Autocad.

Edit: I just looked and the file is a .rar which is a compressed file. There are utilities to un compress files and convert pats to your CAD system.

Last edited:
winrar is free and will give a nag screen after a while but still usable. I see a bunch of step files and a bunch of siemens cad software logs. Most any proper CAD program should be able to open step files.

Can't remeber but I think they are Solidworks files. I'm not sure what would happen if you converted the 3D model to Autocad.

Edit: I just looked and the file is a .rar which is a compressed file. There are utilities to un compress files and convert pats to your CAD system.

Yeah I had the program to open the .rar files. They won't convert to CAD. And they won't work in 3ds.

I did get the coordinates today as done by GM.. But I have tried for hours to make heads and tail and got nowhere.

For example this is what is listed:
Upper A F inner 1313.214700 -482.500000 694.120200 51.701366 -18.996063 27.327567
1313.214700 482.500000 694.120200 51.701366 18.996063 27.327567

Upper A R inner 1561.205300 -482.500000 665.856600 61.464776 -18.996063 26.214827
1561.205300 482.500000 665.856600 61.464776 18.996063 26.214827

No matter how I input it I can't get it to do anything.. I think a reference point in space is missing.
I did try to lay it out using 0,0 for the start of each line. But that lays the upper F and R on top of each other.
I have never used coordinates in CAD I draw it all out the Ole' Fashioned way.. So I'm lost..

Last edited:
Yeah I had the program to open the .rar files. They won't convert to CAD. And they won't work in 3ds.

The .stp files will convert to most CAD system I know of. I have never had much success wit 3D Studio however.

As far as the co-ordinates, bring the parts in first and place them where needed. The ball joint centers are in the file. Here are some of the parts I converted:
45099dcde7b3b7.jpg

Are those located in the download section. If so, might I ask where?

Did those coordinates make any sense to you that I posted?

Thx,
You do some nice drawings!

Are those located in the download section. If so, might I ask where?

Did those coordinates make any sense to you that I posted?

Thx,
You do some nice drawings!

The drawing I posted was done by the guy that started this topic. They are in the downsload section.

The coordinates that are in the downloads section are from Suspension Anilyzer. It has been a while since I looked at them but, at the time they made sense.

Yeah I got that info last night.
I also found out that I have a LT version of CAD and I can't set it up for 3D to input the coordinates.
I'm hoping there is a way to work around that. I'm willing to put in the extra effort to get what I need..

I have a question for you guys. I have downloaded several of the files myself but have they been proven out? I want to machine a set of the c3 trailing arms out of 6061 but just wonder if anybody has ran an FEA.
Dont know how much weight I could save but being safe and reliable carries more importance with me.

The C3 trailing arm in the download section is a CAD model of the VBP offset arm (with a Johnny Joint pivot) and no FEA has been done on it. You could certainly do an aluminum part based on the model but beefed up.

has anyone else gathered more c5-c6 CAD suspension files?

I would be very appreciative and can help draw or convert as I have full professional solidworks.