I annoyed the hell out of mod on CF

I assume so.

Not going to wait to see the result. In 2018 I plan to start making trips to South America-Mid America and see what can be had there. Hope that around 2025-2027 I can go there and live there.

It's going to come down on us pretty hard.

Want to hear the lastest shit our government crapped out :
- houses need to be energy neutral by 2030
- land cannot be bought to build on anymore starting 2025 (phasing out from that date, with total 0 land availability by 2040)

Jeeses, man, I urgently need to move out of here.

Is an energy neutral house covered with solar panels and wind mills?

Want to hear the lastest shit our government crapped out :
- houses need to be energy neutral by 2030
- land cannot be bought to build on anymore starting 2025 (phasing out from that date, with total 0 land availability by 2040)

Jeeses, man, I urgently need to move out of here.

Is an energy neutral house covered with solar panels and wind mills?

Not sure how they want do it. In view of the fact that solar panels here are taxed and wind mills are a no-go for the city administration as far as permits go, I wonder what they are aiming at.

The house I have seen that was 'energie neutral' was one with walls of 0,5 m thick full of isolation, floors of 0,5 m thick with isolation and the same for the roof. Add to that a system to use ground heat to heat the house, solar panels to feed the pumps, solar panels for electricity, an additional ventilation system to prevent condensation (with heat exchanger) you pretty much know that was a house that was costing about 3X what a conventional house costs. So in effect you can never earn that back.

But, the gov is ok with it since you pay VAT on everything you buy/build....

Last edited:
I never cease to be amazed at the .gov bullshit they come up with, all these green weenies that never passed an engineering course of any type....all trying to be 'scientists'.....and collect statistics, when they dunno what a number is.....

Far as I concerned it all started with that asswhole Ralph Nader, and that stupid Consumer Product Safety Admistration.....the only part of a modern car that lasts is the damn 'safety' alarms, key beepers, light chimes more damn stupid noise makers......I have very proudly DE NADERIZED my '72 completely, hell, I don't even have door locks on it......

not to mention all the rest of the weenie crap....like those houses that will never be built/widely used they can blow all the smoke and taxes for non compliance they want, but that shit not happening.....

Like the TRUMP revolution ( IF they don't kill him..) the nitwits running the power structure will just piss off the working stiffs to the point of total abject revolution, of what EVER type it takes.....course here on our side of the pond, WE have GUNS, from what I understand ..Switzerland is the only nation in Europe that has fully armed citizens....note the only nation that hitler did not invade .....hummmmm......:clobbered:

Yep, Nader then when they didn't prosecute Jane fonda for treason and shoot her we knew the fix was in. Hopefully the ray of light that is Donald Trump will help get us on track. The last several years of moron utopia has ruined people's ability to make a living and one day retire.
And yes corvette forum has some real idiots that can't tie their own shoes. And if that guy dewitts chimes in once more about radiators I'm going to lose it.:goodnight:

Yep, Nader then when they didn't prosecute Jane fonda for treason and shoot her we knew the fix was in. Hopefully the ray of light that is Donald Trump will help get us on track. The last several years of moron utopia has ruined people's ability to make a living and one day retire.
And yes corvette forum has some real idiots that can't tie their own shoes. And if that guy dewitts chimes in once more about radiators I'm going to lose it.:goodnight:

What's that all about? The guy runs a business selling radiators and is a supporting vendor there. What is he supposed to talk about if not radiators?

What's that all about? The guy runs a business selling radiators and is a supporting vendor there. What is he supposed to talk about if not radiators?

If it didn't sound as a sales pitch I would agree. I did ask some questions about rads a big while back. Alu rads here, alu rads there, their fans here their fans there. I finally got a radiator fitted with a new HD copper core and put on some spal copy fans and it has been fine since. Price difference was more than half what one of their products would have cost me.

Not to bitch on some suppliers selling products. Thank God they exist, but some think that the Corvette-tag gives them the right to rob you.

LONG time ago in a land far away I put in a '89 F body V8 radiator in my '72 and modded hell outta the stock shroud and ran a ~16" fan in it, having converted to serp drive from a '88+ C4 move to FLORIDA and the cooling with that fan was just not up to snuff, I tired of playing around, looked at DeWitts Dual Spal fans and looked at some of the charts....and I tossed in a set of Dual Spals....found out a few years later I could/should have done some shopping, but they are still in the car, and will keep it cool on 150f daze with 99% humidity and off the freeway into stand still traffic, sniffing the catalytic converter outputs of the car ahead of it......:censored:
I running a 350 roller engine and auto, and plenty of rad cooling power NOW with the Spals.....they whine like a banshee, but just tell the guy it's a blower whine.....:evil::gurney:

Following this line, I find it a bit funny (now that I have owned one for a decade and a half) how so many people think these cars are so special, so exotic. Really, they are not much more than just an old Chevy, albeit with some unique features and a greater pain-in-the-ass quotient than a Camaro or Chevelle.

They get nuts over there with dewitts radiators . The ones that kill me is a guy posts about bowl porting his 70 LT-1 heads and those nuts start telling him build a stroker motor changing cam and all sorts of garbage. It gets worse by the day.:hunter::hunter::hunter: