Finally 1 7/8 in. header for us small block guys !

TT, they aren't made in China, they are hand made in the US. I am giving helping them fit them to a C3, I get a free set of headers.

They aren't cheap they are very well made. I have a feeling they will be selling allot of these headers because they won't be charging an arm and a leg. They might do different sizes and even stepped depending on the demand.

Wayne

Wayne,
Please keep us posted, and let us know the details when you can. Thanks, Jeff

Why do most people go over with plug wires when going under with headers gives ya more clearance ? No problems with pullen valve covers also.

TT, they aren't made in China, they are hand made in the US. I am giving helping them fit them to a C3, I get a free set of headers.

They aren't cheap they are very well made. I have a feeling they will be selling allot of these headers because they won't be charging an arm and a leg. They might do different sizes and even stepped depending on the demand.

Wayne

Wayne,

I believe your set is made in the US but I don't believe one can make them there for 500$ and market them with profit, all tig welded by hand. Simply can't be done or the US economy must be so far in the shitter that skilled craftsmen are now working for a buck an hour.

Header recommendations and cost

OK - this has all got my attention as my headers are old and of unknown origin as well as being wrapped, I am sure I will be shopping for new headers soon. I will need a set of long tube collectors. What are the best choices and how much do they cost, Wayne's proposed set included? Has anyone done a comparison like the chart on mufflers a while back? The muffler comparison was extremely helpful, well laid out and easy to use.

Wayne,
Please keep us posted, and let us know the details when you can. Thanks, Jeff

Jeff I will keep you guys updated no problem.

TT I wouldn't promote anything from China these guys are making them in the states and should come in around $500. THe markup on the brand names is a crime.

I contacted them a couple months ago about a 1 7/8" headers for a C3 and told them there is a market for them with all the higher horse power big inch small blocks 383 and up or even a 350ci if it is making some power. After countless emails about how to go about it and exactly what to make, we discussed stepped headers first, we finally decided to make the full 1 7/8" and put it out there to see who was interested

I was actually shocked at how nice they were, I wasn't expecting that kind of quality, and they bolted right up, I honestly couldn't believe it.

These guys dislike the Chinese ( car parts that is ) as much as I do. If I find out they are farming them out I will report that.

I just found out they can do them in a polished version too !

If anyone wants in on the mailing list for updates PM me

Last edited:
I want a set ! Expecially for that price , these will be perfect for what I want to do. I can modify these for a 1-3/4 to 1-7/8 stepped primary for the LS-1 that is in my 70. And I know about the hedders that Speedhound sells for this app. but for the price he gets I expect stainless . Stainless and 1-7/8 YEAH thats what I want gotta have it YESTERDAY ! Stan.

I want a set ! Expecially for that price , these will be perfect for what I want to do. I can modify these for a 1-3/4 to 1-7/8 stepped primary for the LS-1 that is in my 70. And I know about the hedders that Speedhound sells for this app. but for the price he gets I expect stainless . Stainless and 1-7/8 YEAH thats what I want gotta have it YESTERDAY ! Stan.

:confused2: I thought the port centers were totally different between the LS series and earlier heads? How you gonna mod them to fit ?

They are different and its really not that hard all you need is , LS-1 head flanges , 4-5 "U" bends, a cut off tool, welder, and a little talent on my part.:bounce:

OBX Headers ??

So are we saying these OBX Racing Sports Stainless Steel Exhaust Manifold Headers for the 63-82 Chevrolet Corvette V8 (Small-Block Engines) (Part #H11143). Are crap ??? Standard Plug's don't fit ? Welds Crack? :mad: