My 76 project

brent

I don't post much, but thought I would check in with progress on the 76. It is at custom image corvettes now having the body work finished up. I will be out there soon to help with the reassembly. The color is inferno orange. It is really hard to get a good picture of the color, but it looks really good in person. Maybe when we get it out in the sun, I can get a better photo. Some of the paint is buffed, but we will wait until after assembly to do the rest.
Josh did a mock up so I could get an idea of how it will look. There will be side pipes that are not in the mock up.
This has been going on for two years, and I am very stoked to see it coming together!
4f9c6c2e63b611ad116c63ddf04b0532_zpsb14ccd89.jpg

361bbcc9105a148081a9e10d73ecdec7_zpsd99062e4.jpg

19dabf54dfd69499537a1e537b7423a3_zps82b87b00.jpg

I can post more photos in the coming weeks if you are interested.

Brent.

Looks awesome, keep the updates and pics coming !!!!

The rea flares are 4" wider than stock? What's the specs on the wheels? Looks like they're wide enough to fill the flared fenders :D

Thanks, all.
The rear tires are 335's. Wheels are 18x12 Intro Pentia.
I think the poster on the wall is goodrich, and it is a Baldwin car.
I should have more progress to report fairly soon. Hope to have the car home in about a month.
You could leave the back bumper off if you wanted to. Here is a shot of mibe before the bumper was on it.
scriptvette_zpsca266ec0.jpg

You could smooth it off easily enough if you wanted to.

We got the body on the 76! It will be a few more weeks before the car comes home for good. I am looking forward to that since this has been two plus years in the making.

null_zps69f108a6.jpg

null_zps7d5153b4.jpg

null_zps8f120154.jpg

null_zps967ba1fd.jpg

null_zps206c7838.jpg

null_zps65ef941c.jpg

null_zps5eb251bf.jpg

(video)
BE8D-B11E5A7A8956-146-00000007B754ADC7_zps2504f52b.jpg

More updates later on...
Thanks for stoppin' by.:beer:

Beautiful car! (and I don't often say that about Corvettes that aren't blue :wink:).

Stopped in at Josh's shop a while back (I used to live in Watertown and get back there a few times a year). He's a decent sort and does damn nice work.

wow, I'm in love with your car. Nice!

You've convinced me, my next project on my C3 will be to graft the nose to the car, and do the same rear treatment without the bumpers. I like the steps, actually, so I wouldn't smooth them out - it adds a neat visual feature (my opinion, of course).

Did you flare the front as well?

Thanks, all.
I should have more progress to report fairly soon. Hope to have the car home in about a month.
You could leave the back bumper off if you wanted to. Here is a shot of mine before the bumper was on it.
scriptvette_zpsca266ec0.jpg

You could smooth it off easily enough if you wanted to.

I can understand why you're excited. That thing should be the bomb! :nuts:

Is he considering offering a smoothed rear!

thum_5349076000bc170.jpg

I don't think he has any plans for a smoothed rear at this time, but if there is enough interest, down the road I would guess he would consider it. It would not be that difficult to shave the bumper guides off of one of the rears though.
I have a full set of flares. 4 inch front 2 inch back. He makes a set with a mild 2" rear flare that retains the front fenders. I am a big fan of those too since they are rather subtle, but yet get a whole lot of meat under the back. The first one of those to be completed is in paint right now and looks really good, IMHO.

Side pipes on the 76 vette

Josh is working on the side pipes. I am liking the look.

543454_10151863125269557_325509279_n_zps9b7487fd.jpg

644063_10151863125079557_376718479_n_zps272af207.jpg

Looking great...... The pipes are quiet shiny ..... I have been going back and forth between polished and black rocker panel plates, I think the contrast against black looks better - that's until I change my mind again and strip the flat black paint again.....lol

On a serious note: get the steelshield sidepipe heat shields, these make a huge difference, no more burnt skin.....

I have to agree with you. I will probably make the rockers a satin black in time.

After I posted, I looked through some of your pictures, mybad79. I really like your vette. Some really nice mods done and looks bad ass. Do you have a build thread on it anywhere?

After I posted, I looked through some of your pictures, mybad79. I really like your vette. Some really nice mods done and looks bad ass. Do you have a build thread on it anywhere?

I think I might have to get all the mods I've done over the past 9 years in one thread..... I just updated "my garage" , still have to add a few more photos ...

Last edited:
The car got to go outside yesterday. The paint supplier had some cars over for an open house and our vette was put out front. First time I got to see it pretty much put together. No side pipes yet, but still very happy with the look. It was also the first time I saw the c5 or c6 ( can't remember now) mirrors on the car with paint on them. It was hard to decide if I liked the look before they were painted. They stood out a lot at that point. I hoped they would fit in more when they had color on. I think they flow with the curves of the car and they really are a lot better than stock mirrors for seeing around my cars far ass.

5c0f7e5ae8e67ef774816e76c6b67f03_zpsc9ad7df6.jpg

171cc42e31db39352a3aa0929c75893c_zpsd133219b.jpg

feb6627f58597469a3abaf1979eb9aa9_zps5df5a79e.jpg

6b341ac202c7527ddff478cf1d457bfb_zps108a4f0e.jpg

I put in a lot of hours getting the flares on and josh and I spent a long hours making the back end. Then I left. Josh and tony really worked long hours getting the surface right and cleaning up my sloppy fiberglassing. I think it paid off when they sprayed it.
The car should be coming home in the next few weeks and I will do more of the final assembly and wiring and stuff.
I can't wait to have it in my garage.

Daaayuuum........ That Vette looks sweeeeet !!!

Mirrors: the C3 mirrors look better in my opinion but you can't see crap with these..... The C5 mirrors are functional but don't really fit the car (just my opinion)..... Now the bottom line is : function over looks..... Having worthless side mirrors kinda sucks......