1980 U joints

ratvette

In the process of wrapping my winter project up and need some info.
I'm searching the market here in Germany for U joints to fit the half shafts,from a 1980 Dana 44.
Its easier for the manufacturer I've contacted over here to work with dimensions, than it is to work with 32 year old Spicer part numbers.

The measurements I took on my 1980 automatic halfshafts are;

Cap diameter = 1.06" = 1 1/16 = 26.9mm
Cross width = 3.62" = 3 5/8 = 92.07mm

Can anyone confirm these??

The reason I doing it like this is because I already have 4 wrong ones out of the States for more than they're worth (shipping + import tax alone = $165). Cain't be doing that again,and the markup for vette parts over here is borderline criminal.

Agree, send Gary a message (gtr1999), he probably has a few of these on the shelf and can measure for you ..... Parts stores usually don't list the dimensions, just part numbers .... guess we're lucky and I found this on Autozone's website:

$15.99 each for the "Duralast Gold" ..... they used to be labelled "Brute force" - these are solid and I've used these a few times .... seems to be good stuff...

Part Number: 2-4800DG
Weight: 1.15 lbs
Warranty: Limited Lifetime
Notes: Fits All Locations
Bearing Cap Diameter Axis 1 (in): 1.062
Bearing Cap Diameter Axis 2 (in): 1.062
Bearing Cap Finish: Phosphate
Coating Type: Anti-Rust Compound
Grease Type: Synthetic
Grease Zerks Included: No
Length Between Outside Snap Rings Axis 1 (in): 3.621
Length Between Outside Snap Rings Axis 2 (in): 3.621
Package Contents: U-Joint, 4 snap Rings
Pre-Greased: Yes
Seal Color / Finish: Yellow
Seal Material: Nitrile Rubber
Snap Ring Type: Outside
Universal Joint Cross Material: 20Cr Steel
Universal Joint Greasable: Yes
Universal Joint Type: (OSR) Outside Snap Ring Style
Shipping Information: Overnight and Two Day shipping are not available for PO Box, APO/FPO/DPO or US Territory addresses.

Last edited:

Thanks Kid,
That pretty much confirms it then.The 1310 series fits my drive shaft dimensions ,and the 1330 the half shafts.
I already ordered a "Made in Germany" pair for the drive shaft.There actually for a Jeep Grand Cherokee ZJ / ZG 92 - 98, but the dimensions are the same.And without the "Corvette" price tag.:rolleyes: