The wheel colors you would go for ?

OZgreen69

Having a bit of fun painting my alloy rims different colors to suit the car, or not.

Original really metallic silver, and graphite metallic.
thum_393459ad14704858f.jpgthum_393459ad1470836c1.jpgthum_393459ad1470c70a5.jpg

I favor the classic coloration of the old Crager style 5 spoke rims...not that stupid chrome, but same rim by another company.....a thing they called Argent Gray on the spokes, and a brushed aluminum rim......that or maybe a black metallic on the 'spokes' section, like I did my '89 vette rims....silver center cap, and aluminum rim.....:shocking:

I like the dark gray. It is neutral which goes well with any paint color, it is not a 'black hole' of contrast which the black would be, it is not overly bright overwhelming the car as white would be, and while the gold may authentic for some race wheels, it is still a color which may not be complimentary to the car colors and would draw attention away from that.

My Camaro has welds with gold centers with silver rims. I like them on a blue car, but it's not for everyone.

I'd go with how they ran them "back in the day." Since they are mini lite style.

I like the dark gray. It is neutral which goes well with any paint color, it is not a 'black hole' of contrast which the black would be, it is not overly bright overwhelming the car as white would be, and while the gold may authentic for some race wheels, it is still a color which may not be complimentary to the car colors and would draw attention away from that.

:withstupid: :1st:

First, thanks to all of you for the replies.

The rims are Australian Superlite from TransAm, looks like a Minilite but not quite. Made in China of course, like everything else but good quality at a decent price. Lots of the guys who race historic and a bit more modern use those wheels.
So about the colors. I don't have a white wheel ! That is the way too bright metallic silver !! As you found out it looks white from a distance !!
Like most of you I tend toward the dark gray, it look period and will not show the brake dust too much as a bonus ! But I like the gold as well, maybe too modern but some corvettes used it in period, maybe a shade darker and flatter, maybe.
But yeah the dark gray or close to it will be the one .

Again thanks to you gents, but if you have more ideas feel free to share.

By the way, I'm planning to paint mine the same colors Polo White/Le Mans Blue but a different pattern. Looks good!

First, thanks to all of you for the replies.

The rims are Australian Superlite from TransAm, looks like a Minilite but not quite. Made in China of course, like everything else but good quality at a decent price. Lots of the guys who race historic and a bit more modern use those wheels.

what size width and with what offset?