vette004a.jpg

more pics

vette029a.jpg

IMG_0405a.jpg

Aeromotive A1000 pump
Aeromotive A1000 carbureted bypass regulator
MSD digital 6 plus box
MSD pro billet tach drive distributor
Competition Engineering sump for the tank.

well here are some more pics.

rough cut from on the body from the outside
IMG_0471.jpg

rough cut from the inside
IMG_0430.jpg

how close the rear end gets at full compression. the center is less then 1/16 away from the angle iron support piece
IMG_0441.jpg

a little trimming on the cross member still need to fill in the small area.
IMG_0448.jpg

right side pic
IMG_0416.jpg

left side pic
IMG_0444.jpg

now all i need to do is install the springs, brake lines done to the rear (small piece of hose), and hook up the parking brake, a little glass work, oh yeah and paint it. Then it is on to the front side of things motor and trans. then comes the drive shaft. then comes a hell of a lot of fun. :thumbs: :rofl:

2X4 behind the tire
IMG_0476.jpg

IMG_0475.jpg

IMG_0495.jpg

325-50-15 bfg drag radial

now i'm working on the front. front spings, shocks, all new bushings. motor, trans, side pipes. still have a bit to go.

It is a kit from auto fab race cars. The whole thing 4 link, coilovers, wilwoods, strange nine inch with 35 spline axles, upgraded center(s housing), fabed housing, upgraded locker. rearend is rated at 1000-1200 hp according to strange. cost was $4300 plus tax and shipping.

here is the link to the kit..... great kit. fit is about as bolt in as possible

http://autofabcart.net/1968-1982corvettesoildrearconversion4-linkkit.aspx

If you don't mind my saying so, and you'll pardon my "French" but...

...GET THE FUCK OUTA HERE!!! Holy shit, that's some pretty impressive stuff you've done there -well, it certainly impressed me (duh!).

How long did that take you from start to finish? How much extra on top of the $1100 for the basic kit?

If you don't mind my saying so, and you'll pardon my "French" but...

...GET THE FUCK OUTA HERE!!! Holy shit, that's some pretty impressive stuff you've done there -well, it certainly impressed me (duh!).

How long did that take you from start to finish? How much extra on top of the $1100 for the basic kit?

i bought the complete rear system from them it was like 4300 plus shipping

look at the post above yours :p

that was complete rear with all the good parts listed rear brakes all done and ready to go..... install was pretty easy it is a great kit that gives great directions. it is not fair to ask how long it took form start to finish since i did not work as hard on it as i could have it took about 2 hours to get all the stuff out if i started it again and work on it after work every night i bet it could be done in a week no problem.

Yes, that's the same kit I was endorsing. Very nice job!!!
Glad to see that kit is still available. Is that a Ford 9 inch rear end? Very heavy duty if it is. Only drawback for me would be the welding part of it. No comptetent welders in my area. At least, none that I would trust to do that job.

Dep

Sounds like someone needs a mig welder for Christmas. Mig welding is easy...even I can do it. You'll wonder what took you so long.:cool:

MY only problem is to bring my welder over the river here, with his bottle/welder rig....a bit much....so I gotta keep the jobs light, nothing like THAT....I don't own a trailer....so I do my RNE so as its' doo able....

:devil::lol:

Sounds like someone needs a mig welder for Christmas. Mig welding is easy...even I can do it. You'll wonder what took you so long.:cool:

Maybe for U, I had one once.....and a stick welder....

lets just say it's NOT my field....ok??

:hissyfit::censored::crap::cussing:

Yes, that's the same kit I was endorsing. Very nice job!!!
Glad to see that kit is still available. Is that a Ford 9 inch rear end? Very heavy duty if it is. Only drawback for me would be the welding part of it. No comptetent welders in my area. At least, none that I would trust to do that job.

Dep

yes it is a bery heavy duty unit at that..... at this time I'm going to be running a 468 making about 500-550 N/A hp and then hitting it with about another 200-250 of nitrous and down the line i want to turbo it and make somewhere in the 800-1000hp

Maybe for U, I had one once.....and a stick welder....

lets just say it's NOT my field....ok??

:hissyfit::censored::crap::cussing:

Stick is for fabbing shelf brackets from 1/4" steel.... get a MIG, let's say a $300 Lincoln from HomeDepot.... won't take long to get used to it :cool: