Pics of projects I have been working on.

SCCA VETTE

Well after almost 1 year and new motor, trans and suspension install my car is FINALLy on the road. In the middle of trying to get this car finished I aguired a heart problem and between the trips to the Dr and problem after problem I finally was able to drive the car this weekend.

Here is a few pics of the projects that I have been working on.

Built new motor
DSC03874-1.jpg

installed trans cooler (with fan) in rear of car.
DSC03894-1.jpg

New exhaust setup with side exit like the Challenge Cars. Still have some work to do on the tips.
DSC03911.jpg

DSC03913.jpg

All new suspension
DSC03841.jpg

and finally all back together in the car.
DSC03903.jpg

Nice blue.... did somebody spraybomb the door or what ???

They did a good job on the valve cover too: looks like they didn't even pull the PCV out and didn't move those wires out of the way...

That sure was a lot of hard work, it looks great now :1st:

sweet car dude, what class do you run in? I was poking around on the scca web-site and couldn't find anything corvette specific, i keep seeing 1980 beater vettes with no titles around here for around $1000 and have been kicking around the idea of building a dedicated track car.

That's a nice looking engine and a very clean looking undercarriage...those exhaust tips...do you have a pic showing the whole car with them?

Just noticed those valve covers, are those decals on there or did you buy them like that?

Just noticed those valve covers, are those decals on there or did you buy them like that?

Those were Moroso cheap black alluminum valve covers that I put the decal on. I owned a graphics (decal) shop and just made the decal to make the covers look a little better.

Sure looks great, a lot better than the ProForm ones, something about them looks tacky.

That is a remarkable transformation. Looks like you put a lot of work into that car.

That is a very nice C4. You did some really good work:thumbs:

Did you drop in a 383ci motor?

Met

Challenge Vette for the street? Very Cool.
Tons of hard labor and thought given to your vette for sure. You did the complete rebuild yourself? Would love to see it up close one day.
One question though, why a challenge Corvette build? Just curious.
Spice