Not that it Matters... Just MPG data for 502 Ram Jet

84rzv500r

Knows just enough to be dangerous!
Ok so I put a new set of nitto 555R's last fall and I started a millage log to see what I was getting out of them.. the last set had a dozen 1/8 mile dragstrip passes, 4 auto cross events and a half dozen laps of WGI.. they lasted 4700 miles. this year I am only street driving... and keeping track of fuel consumption...

the car weighs 3195 with me in it and 16 gallons of gas on the local scrap yard scales..

502 Ramjet 38 pph injectors 3:08 rear, 3:27 1st and 0.80 6th gear, rear tires are 28" tall...

13.7 MPG in the city, 18.9 with a mix of city and highway and I'm gonna estimate 22-23 with all highway... I will get more highway data as I will take a weekend trip in September...

thum_16520903190e956.jpg

I think you are not far off. For what is worth, My RamJet 502 has the Tremec 500 in it with 5th gear at ~.68. Tires are 245x45xr x17's also turning 3.08 diff. I turn right around 2100 rpm at 70mph. I have very little data with highway driving....seems I'm easily goated by Mustangs and Zo6's :D I do remember 25-26 mph on an economy run down in Eureka Springs a number of years back, but that was after I pitched the MEFI, installed a larger throttle body and re-mapped the Gen 7 for economy. Even then It was tough keeping my foot out of it. Like you said though "not that it really matters". :lol:

The Ramjet 502 fits under the hood??? L88 hood? Did you have to buy an electric fuel pump to get the correct pressure?

Thanks

Well not exactly. I had to raise an old Eckler L-88 hood aprox 1.5"
The RamJet 502 is fuel injected and requires an electric fuel pump capable of supplying necessary fuel at EFI pressures.

yeah that seems about right I had to raise my Eclklers hood about 2.5 inches in the front... but my body is lowered on the frame in the front... about 1.25 inches at the radiator mount... just had to have that rake like the book says... and I just used an in tank pump set up from an 87 vette in a poly fuel cell.. I wanna say it runs about 48 PSI but I dont look at the gauge that close... :rolleyes: