Ford plugs in my vette.....

mrvette

Phantom of the Opera
Had some engine running problems when 'cold' meaning maybe 75F over night.....and after the repairs, the thing ran like shit when 'cold' when it hit ~130f it smoothed out.....

I had bought FORD Autolite plugs for it, same looks, BUT made in CHINA.....

I saved the old Champion plugs that were in there for years.....cleaned them up and finally put them in this AM, weather was more or less tolerable in that I did it with just three changes of T shirts and two changes of briefs......

and let my shorts under the fan for a hour.....FLORIDA!!!!

and so took it out for a test drive....the old Champion plugs ran fine, cold/hot, whatever....pulled like a BANDIT uphill and I wish I had payed attention to the parts guy who commented he would not put FORD plugs in a GM product.....

BUT in all honesty they LOOKED IDENTICAL any comments as to WTF???

:crutches::flash::flash::(

Gene - its all in the NAME. Those were CHAMPIONS - and the others...autoLITE!
Is this a new Joke of the Day? :beer:

No clue - but couldn't resist your so perfect setup - you ole straight man.

Cheers Jim

A spark plug's a spark plug's a spark plug. What brand of engine it screws into makes no difference. I wouldn't put Champions or Autolites in my lawnmower. I run NGK now, but also ran Bosch or Accell in my previous bikes & cars. Haven't used a Champion since probably 1980.

A spark plug's a spark plug's a spark plug. What brand of engine it screws into makes no difference. I wouldn't put Champions or Autolites in my lawnmower. I run NGK now, but also ran Bosch or Accell in my previous bikes & cars. Haven't used a Champion since probably 1980.

NGKs or Bosch on almost everything here. I think I have an E3 in my chainsaw.

I did put a NOS antique set of Champions in my dad's 1930 Ford AA several years back, replacing a widly mismatched set that were in there (I think there was an Edison, a Champion, and who knows what else).