Better late than never!!!

GoVetteGo

It has been almost 2 years since I first registered and this is my first post.

I have 3 Vettes, my 69 & 76 are original numbers matching cars they will stay that way. Not so much for the automatic 78 SA. I actually purchased the 78 for my wife - I was going to fix it up for her and we could go to cruise nights and shows together - NOT!!!

If I was going to drive it - it had to be a 4 speed so I converted it 3 years ago - and it sat!!! This February I came up with a theme for it - Darth Vader Vette! All black, all over. Among the things I want to do was get rid of the front & rear bumper seams, graft a CobraJet hood scoop into the hood, do a complete custom interior and as of a month ago, I will be installing the C6 rear clip from SpeedVette.

Work started on Darth last week. I started removing the rear clip beginning with the seams around the halo - it was not too bad - heat gun, dead blow hammer and a stout putty knife. I have about 85% of the seams separated and hope to have it complete off - in one piece - before Corvettes at Carlisle.

Nice thing about being here on VetteMod - I won't get blasted if I say "Shaved door handles"!!! WOOHOO!!

I will start a new thread of the build and add pictures as I go. I have a target goal of having it ready for Corvettes at Carlisle 2013!!

I welcome any ideas or comments.

John

Welcome to the motley crew.....

Tons of info here, covers most anything on 4 wheels...

:yahoo::D

Welcome John - a smoothie fan!
Will the doors suicide too?!:devil:

You'll enjoy it here, NCRS - Not Correctly Restored Stingrays are welcome!
Cheers - Jim

Welcome to VM John.

For you front clip, if it's this front clip that will go back in, why don't drill a couple of reference holes before it's removed?
Fitting those is such a PITA

Welcome John - a smoothie fan!
Will the doors suicide too?!:devil:

You'll enjoy it here, NCRS - Not Correctly Restored Stingrays are welcome!
Cheers - Jim

Not sure what I will be doing on the doors Jim - leave them stock, shave the lock & handles or lambo! Whatever I do will have to be on theme - Star Wars like.

MELIKES - Not Correctly Restored Stingrays!!!!! :rofl:

Welcome to VM John.

For you front clip, if it's this front clip that will go back in, why don't drill a couple of reference holes before it's removed?

Not removing the front clip denpo! Will glass in a modified front bumper and C6 headlights though!

He - just noticed I am a noob!! Funny being 65 and called a noob!!! That's a first

Welcome to VM John.

Not removing the front clip denpo! Will glass in a modified front bumper and C6 headlights though!

He - just noticed I am a noob!! Funny being 65 and called a noob!!! That's a first

I"m 68 , noob.....:tomato::beer:

Will glass in a modified front bumper and C6 headlights though!

C6 headlights? in the fenders or original location?
I'm curious.
Oh and welcome aboard sir.

They will be in the fenders - my intent is to glass in the original openings. If I think they will not work or be hideous, I will make something up to have some kind of headlights in the modified front grill.

I guess I should start a thread on this build even though I am just starting to work on this project.

Interesting.... here's a picture of one
th?id=I4530942050894171&pid=1.jpg

and another interesting idea
Id231.jpg

or Jaguar lights
ProgessII020.jpg

SBG - the picture of the yellow vette is exactly what I was thinking. Thanks for the post - if someone has done it before then it should not be an issue!!!! WOOHOOO! Thanks a ton!