Panic

panic

Hi, I'm Panic, italian living in northern Spain since a few years now, I have a fully modded and lightened (to 2.750lbs) '77 C3...(see my avatar).

I know i have some friends here from another corvette forum, hi Bird:harhar:, hi TT...Ohhh...and i see quite a few more as well!!

Last edited:
Hi, I'm Panic, italian living in northern Spain since a few years now, I have a fully modded and lightened (to 2.750lbs) '77 C3...(see my avatar).

I know i have some friends here from another corvette forum, hi Bird:harhar:, hi TT...Ohhh...and i see quite a few more as well!!

Guiseppi, I am tickled to death you are here. Welcome old friend.:cry:

Hey man, glad to see you here.....

Welcome to the motley crew of the Flying Dutchmen....

:beer::beer:

IMG_2668.jpg
IMG_2668.jpg

Last edited:
welcome..... i would like to get my car down to that weight

I've still got weight to shave with:

Alu radiator support.
Get rid of the vacuum tube (alu custom small frame instead)
3'' alu driveshaft
3.5'' carbon half shafts.
Alu gas cell
Alu engine blk.
Custom round tube crossmember.
Go back to side exhaust from the undercarriage custom one just built last year.

I'm sure i could achieve 2.650lbs, easy.

An aluminium fuel cell in the same size as your stock tank will most likely not be a lot lighter given that you need a decent gauge plate to fab a sturdy tank. The stock tank is a very thin steel shell with a rubber bladder. The rubber hardly weighs anything.

Panic, I"m highly curious as to what was done to get your weight down there so lo....~2700 lbs is serious light weight....I thought I had been fairly decent on that score, but find I was really disappointed at 3300 lbs for a '72 vert....

Primarily interested in what you have done so far to get you there, as well as the above proposed changes....

maybe start another thread...you have done some serious work there, and we need pick your brain.....

:bonkers::D:friends:

Panic, I"m highly curious as to what was done to get your weight down there so lo....~2700 lbs is serious light weight....I thought I had been fairly decent on that score, but find I was really disappointed at 3300 lbs for a '72 vert....

Primarily interested in what you have done so far to get you there, as well as the above proposed changes....

maybe start another thread...you have done some serious work there, and we need pick your brain.....

:bonkers::D:friends:

It's about a couple of years that I'm working on the project, here is a summary of what I've done:

New front and rear suspensions (with FG springs)
round tube A-arms
willwood calipers
No e-brake
drilled and vented front rotors
lightweight rear rotors
no front and rear steel defences.
no fifth wheel.
gutted t-tops
(completely) gutted doors with basic door covers
no power windows
no AC
no heater
alu radiator
alu engine ancillaries.
lexan windshield
no wipers (no its motor).
lightweight seats
race battery
ultra lightweight composite wheels and Hoosier bias ply tires.
no stereo/speakers.
Fixed lights.
Aftermarket full interior (much lighter then luxury stock)

...and i might have forgotten some bits and pices here and there.

On top of this i have a 575hp 406 SB engine and 4.11 rear gears (with a 4 speeds trans).

UMM...well that is definately a LO calorie diet, for sure....

gets any thinner and you can SEE through it.....

slightly outta my league....seeing as I drive it near every day....

:drink: