FS: Lakewood scattershield

redvetracr

For sale: Lakewood scattershield fits SB & BB $125+shipping, what you see is what you get...send a PM if interested.
IMG_2605.jpg

Since the diameter of the front bearing retainer on the transmission locates the trans by fitting snugly into the large center hole in the bell housing, measure the od of that retainer - if it is the same size as that of the Muncie and super T-10s, it should work - however, if the clocking of the trans is an issue, one could drill and tap some new mounting holes in the bell housing to accommodate.

Where is the block-saver plate?...That is important. I believe it is 1/8 inch thick, and without it there may be issues with the clutch adjustment?

Where is the block-saver plate?...That is important. I believe it is 1/8 inch thick, and without it there may be issues with the clutch adjustment?

In all my years of racing I have never used a block saver plate....and it really shouldn`t take a rocket scientist to figure out which ball stud you need.

In all my years of racing I have never used a block saver plate....and it really shouldn`t take a rocket scientist to figure out which ball stud you need.

Not trying to bust your balls, just saying that NHRA requires an SFI approved scattershield and block-plate when you run 11.99 and quicker. I would hate to have my block destroyed due to a flywheel/clutch explosion. That's just me.

Not trying to bust your balls, just saying that NHRA requires an SFI approved scattershield and block-plate when you run 11.99 and quicker. I would hate to have my block destroyed due to a flywheel/clutch explosion. That's just me.

sure you are but thats ok...I guess you have two options then...if your car can run an 11.99 (or faster) buy a new one for $350+ or a used one off ebay for $200+shipping, isn`t life simple?

I bought a sheild from him for my DN 5 speed conversion. Parts delivered as promised.

At the price offered I would think someone could cut their own block plates from 1/8 steel if needed to save cost.

I bought a sheild from him for my DN 5 speed conversion. Parts delivered as promised.

At the price offered I would think someone could cut their own block plates from 1/8 steel if needed to save cost.

thanks Dave, this one is sold and was picked up yesterday and your correctly right for $125 he didn`t quibble and is planning on making his own block saver.