For Easyasone2three

If you past the img code you don't have to add the image tags, or past the code in the image wizard. Paste straight into the message area.

The GTO is a 1965. The TA is a 1970 455 HO...or a clone of one. The front seats don't look right. It's also missing a Firebird decal at the front of the hood. Not the big one. A small one. Here's a pic of the "real deal".

70400blueta.jpg

Last edited:
Personally, if I were to get a T/A, I'd have to have this under the hood...

transamsd455%20(2).jpg

A true "Vette Killer" from the 70s :thumbs:

The GTO is a 1965. The TA is a 1970 455 HO...or a clone of one. The front seats don't look right. It's also missing a Firebird decal at the front of the hood. Not the big one. A small one. Here's a pic of the "real deal".

70400blueta.jpg

Well, you got the GTO correct. The T/A would be a 71-72 if it had a 455 HO. The 70 came with the 400 ci only. But still a good call. :wink:

Oops...you're right Glen!!! The 1970 had Ram Air III or IV engines. Best year I can guess is 1970-73. 1974 they reduced the size of the front spoiler.

Last edited:
OH man, olde Ponchos.....

my last Poncho was a '70 Lemans sport convertible I made a defacto GTO out of, and so 462 inches with #96 heads and RA3 exhaust t400 with Trans Go of course....12 bolt 323 posi and a 26 gallon fuel tank from a '79 caddy.....

the DPFI came from a '79 Sedan Deville 425 and got the car published in '95 Feb HPP magazine....Injected madness...it's a project I did myself in my garage over 92-93 winter in Maryland outside DC.....I upped the MPG from about 10 even to like 14+ on the highway....UNLESS I was towing my boat out to the Md/W.Va upper Potomac river, with me, 2-3 young teens, g/friend up front, me and the boat at 2900 lbs....I went into south mountain on I70 just past Fredrick Md, about a 10% grade for a 4 mile pull.....

I"d open that SOB up and the MOAN coming under that hood told of the `1000 CFM Tbody being WIDE OPEN and ZERO manifold vacuum....the duals roared and I would pull some 7500+ lbs of gear up that hill going in at 80 mph and topping out at the crest at 100 mph....I had the tires for it on both the car and boat, not THAT crazy.....when I saw the golden arches of the Appalachian Trail, I"d lift and be doing only 60-70 downhill.....

I had Global West suspension and large disc brakes, and tall '80 caddy spindles on it.....the sympathetic machinist mentioned in the article was not Bob Harris, who did just the short block to my specs...but a hippy type machine shop operator who did a lot of NASA satellite welding out of Goddard Space Flight just off US1 in Beltsville Md.....freeking guy has every tool known to man, and I shit you not....EVERY ONE.....

well, you know, except a Phillips screwdriver......

:quote::quote::clobbered: