I'm a new guy here

GTR1999

Gearhead
What is a corvette anyway? A car, boat, hobby interest or something that sucks the life, time and money out of you:nuts:

Hello Gary, Glad your here. BTW did you ever find that missing Diff? I have used DHL many times with no problems. Hope it wasn't just luck, they have been much cheaper.

Bullshark

Hello Gary, Glad your here. BTW did you ever find that missing Diff? I have used DHL many times with no problems. Hope it wasn't just luck, they have been much cheaper.

Bullshark

No not yet. It was a date coded 66 with new posi case, 373's, tuned posi the works! It was really a nice job and I wanted the owner to have it in his car. I promised it to him but the first week in March as well. I shipped it on 3/5 and it should have taken only 3 days to get there. Got to PA and that's it. I'm hoping they'll find it otherwise I have to find a 66 housing and start over. The owner has been very good about it and has called DHL as well.
I used Fedex last week and shipped a diff to MN in 3 days no problems. I did used DHL to ship a steering box last week as well so I hope there's no issue with that!

Did you guys give up on the other forums? Is this going to be a different format? No matter here I am:cry:

No not yet. It was a date coded 66 with new posi case, 373's, tuned posi the works! It was really a nice job and I wanted the owner to have it in his car. I promised it to him but the first week in March as well. I shipped it on 3/5 and it should have taken only 3 days to get there. Got to PA and that's it. I'm hoping they'll find it otherwise I have to find a 66 housing and start over. The owner has been very good about it and has called DHL as well.
I used Fedex last week and shipped a diff to MN in 3 days no problems. I did used DHL to ship a steering box last week as well so I hope there's no issue with that!

Did you guys give up on the other forums? Is this going to be a different format? No matter here I am:cry:

Gary, That sucks about the rear. Its fortunate that the customer is not pissed about it. Date coded rears don't grow on trees.

As far as the other forum, there was a "behind the curtain" discouragement of technical posting. I speculate that they felt that it was alienating new members. They may have a point, I don't really know. VetteMOD was started to as a resource for people who are interested in how these cars work and how they can be made to work better!

There may be no one who understands this concept better than you. I am very happy you are here.

I'm glad you're here, I'll need you and Mike's support some time later this year when I have questions about my trailing arms and bearings rebuild....

Fall 2008 "me": ok now I ripped it apart and I have all these parts and things on the floor.... don't have a clue what this is and where it came from... where do I send this now ? What's your address again ??? :)

...As far as the other forum, there was a "behind the curtain" discouragement of technical posting. I speculate that they felt that it was alienating new members...
Really? I didn't get that impression :confused: And certainly as a "new" member, I joined specifically to get answers to technical questions I had. If they're gonna discourage technical posting, what's the point of the forum??

...VetteMOD was started to as a resource for people who are interested in how these cars work and how they can be made to work better!...
So, who's behind Vettemod?