corvette / camaro front springs

OZgreen69

Would you know per chance if the front spring of a c3 corvette is similar than a camaro 1st generation.
It appears from the measurements that I have the vette and the camaro share the same diameter and free height . But I don't have any to check side by side.
Any help appreciated.

Would you know per chance if the front spring of a c3 corvette is similar than a camaro 1st generation.
It appears from the measurements that I have the vette and the camaro share the same diameter and free height . But I don't have any to check side by side.
Any help appreciated.

I have some gen 2 front springs. I pretty sure they won't work. I could verify.

If dimensions are the same and number of coils equal, you should be good to go.

If you don't already own a set, why not buy vette springs? Just curious.

Well? Now I only trust my eyes. I have so many things sleeping on my shelves that were supposed to fit .....
And people here are more racing Camaros than Vettes. I found a company to make me some custom rate springs, will see.

And yes, 2nd gen Camaros are not the same.

You know Impala front suspension interchanges, right?

Spindles and a arms, so maybe springs. A sbc might not work with standard imp springs, but bbc more likely.

Guys at CF found a company selling tubular impala arms cheap on eBay and are installing them.

Last edited:
Thanks , I kind of knew that was the case.
But my quest is to find really high spring rate with easy availability, well, way more than even F41 set up.
So custom seems to be the way, or if I was modifying the lower arms to have a flat spring s seat that will be easier, just waiting for some kind of reply from the racing organisation.

If you're looking for a stiffer spring, the Impala parts seem to be the way to go. Impalas were a lot heavier than Corvettes.

You know Impala front suspension interchanges, right?

Spindles and a arms, so maybe springs. A sbc might not work with standard imp springs, but bbc more likely.

Guys at CF found a company selling tubular impala arms cheap on eBay and are installing them.

Do you have any more information on those Impala arms?

Speedway motors has a big selection like these: "Street Stock Replacement Front Spring, 1000 lb Rate." can't beat the 49$ price. Might have to dig to find the right one( dimensionally )

These are 5" and would be stiff :)
Tru-Coil Racing Coil Springs, Front, 5 x 9-1/2

I use a cheater like this, as the bb springs were too soft. Speedway motors too.

Longacre 52-61010 Coil-Over Spring Rubber - Clear

It looks like vb&p are gone.

Can you switch to coil-overs?

Last edited:
900# pretty awesome - running some aero up front?

Just as an aside (while Impalla is on the table) -- some of the left hander shops have 2" drop hubs for the front suspension. Don't have teh link just now... sorry

Cheers - Jim

Coil over not accepted, not even alloy body shocks !! But thanks I will look at Speedway motors.

No no Jim, no aero there . Not allowed again. The local Camaros with a stiffer body/frame runs up to 1100lbs.