C3 Balance Bar

I see you closed the gap in the clutch rod hole. Are you using a hydraulic system? Do you think that plate is stiff enough?

The clutch hole is still there. I did fill the speedo cable hole though next to it. I've been running a hydraulic clutch for a while now and haven't had any issue with that reinforcement plate, but that was with a lighter pressure plate. The spec 3+ clutch is a little heavier on the pedal but I added some glass structure to the firewall when I filled all the other holes, and I think the load will be spread more evenly with the bonding agent vs the factory rivets. We shall see!

Really nice Chris, still enough room to clear the bonnet ?
I really like the volume taken by the master cylinders.

With my 3 plates Tilton clutch and original plate, I have no flex on the firewall, but incidentally I found lot of firewall flex at the accel pedal location that I attributed to the plastic bracket/pivot point until I replaced it by a more solid one and flex was still there !! An large alloy plate fixed that.

Thanks! Plenty of room on the masters, the only place that might be close is the reservoir, but Ive seen a few C3's with this Tilton resi in the same place so hopefully it clears! I dont have a hood latch cable anymore (hood pins) so that will help

Interesting to hear about your throttle pedal firewall flex... Ill have to watch mine now and see what it does

Last edited: