Kiesler is gone

Apparently the went bankrupt. Threads on CF (that subsequently got closed by the mods)

BFD. poor in business, could not keep track of income/expenses, cash flow....what else is new??? gotta know BOOKS more than the profession....

the .gov makes it that way more than single thing ELSE.....

:shocking::bomb:

The Kiesler posts got killed on CF? Seems a little traitorous, they were CF sponsors for years, and I guess when they tried to defend themselves, they got dumped.

In 2012, I purchased two TKO600 five speed transmission kits from them. I'll recount some experiences. For my 68, we had a go-around about the speedometer cable...the 68 is different from the 69 and up cables....OOPS..they were correct. They did in fact supply me with the correct cable. Then for the 70 and 68, there was a driveshaft issue. My TKO 600 has a bigger driveshaft output. For the 70, Toms super differential pinion had a bigger U-joint. Anyhow, on ordering all this and being specific, things got confused..Bottom LIne Kiesler made everything correct. The people at Kiesler that I spoke to were very knowledgeable and helpful.. Really sad to read about their bankruptcy .

The Kiesler posts got killed on CF? Seems a little traitorous, they were CF sponsors for years, and I guess when they tried to defend themselves, they got dumped.

I think you have it backwards, the thread at CF got locket to protect the guilty ...Shafi Keisler

I think you have it backwards, the thread at CF got locket to protect the guilty ...Shafi Keisler

Oh by the way if you like and trust Keister so much you can invest in No trade shares with his so called new start company. But you might as well burn the funds first or better yet give it to the needy at least that way you can write it off.

Yep Redvetracr got it. And also booting members because of Keister. I know as I was one of them. Said I was a vendor lol. I wish I was a vendor. :)

But my responsibility is clear. For years I helped the people I could on that forum and tried to make sure people got the correct information while Keister was spouting there BS. I do not really feel bad for anyone that lost out with Keister as all one has to do is look at the threads about them to know they should not have trusted them.

But as the norm over there I stuck my neck out and got it cut off.

But pretty much the same thing became of our Gary here on the forum. I could never get an answer about him as well. And it all leads back to you guessed it Savewave. I guess he gets some pretty good kickback funds.

Last edited:
Can somebody shine some light on why Keisler is a BS company? Maybe they got worse since I dealt with them in 2006???? Back then their TKO kit was $4200 which is about $800 more than the parts are if you piecemeal it together and buy stuff on sale here and there, shop Ebay etc ..... That's what you pay if you want a complete and well fitting kit from one supplier and all the parts at one time ....
When I bought their kit I was tired of mesding with that stuff and I just had that 383 built... I wanted to drive the car so I paid the premium price for their kit.
Again, no issues, I thought they really had their $hit together....

Well I am not going to rehash everything for the previous years as there are lots of threads on the subject to be found even though savewave did remove a good many of them to help support Keister.

But you could ask a few of the 500+ that have recently lost out not to mention many of them that were told lies for the past year + that they would get there kits.

Almost forgot there most famous excuse. It is all Bush's Fault.

Last edited:
Can somebody shine some light on why Keisler is a BS company? Maybe they got worse since I dealt with them in 2006???? Back then their TKO kit was $4200 which is about $800 more than the parts are if you piecemeal it together and buy stuff on sale here and there, shop Ebay etc ..... That's what you pay if you want a complete and well fitting kit from one supplier and all the parts at one time ....
When I bought their kit I was tired of mesding with that stuff and I just had that 383 built... I wanted to drive the car so I paid the premium price for their kit.
Again, no issues, I thought they really had their together....

Take a look at the economy man, 06 was height of the housing bubble, people were building/fixing houses like MAD, now the only area that housing has not totally collapsed is in the grossly overpaid Wash DC/Maryland/NOVA region....the rest of the country is suffering.....and so is the demand for aftermarket conversions for old vettes/muscle cars.....I BET VBP sales are 1/2 today what they were in 06, certainly in quantity, and surely prices are UP too.....so looking at gross receipts meaningless in this case....

:amazed::cussing:

Well I am not going to rehash everything for the previous years as there are lots of threads on the subject to be found even though savewave did remove a good many of them to help support Keister.

But you could ask a few of the 500+ that have recently lost out not to mention many of them that were told lies for the past year + that they would get there kits.

I did not spend time at CF since the shit hit the fan back in 2007 and then DC in 2007/2008 .... Maybe I missed a lot of what was going on with Keisler ....

Take a look at the economy man, 06 was height of the housing bubble, people were building/fixing houses like MAD, now the only area that housing has not totally collapsed is in the grossly overpaid Wash DC/Maryland/NOVA region....the rest of the country is suffering.....and so is the demand for aftermarket conversions for old vettes/muscle cars.....I BET VBP sales are 1/2 today what they were in 06, certainly in quantity, and surely prices are UP too.....so looking at gross receipts meaningless in this case....

Housing is slowly going back up since 2012 .... 2008 was the worst, that's when I picked up my C6 vert for a good deal :)

Pretty much everything today is more expensive than 2006, i can't think of anything that cost the same, maybe bottled drinking water....

I did not spend time at CF since the shit hit the fan back in 2007 and then DC in 2007/2008 .... Maybe I missed a lot of what was going on with Keisler ....

Has it been that long already. WoW.

I have not really been on the forum itself much. Mainly just the pm function lol. But Keister promised everything under the sun but did not deliver. If you look at what they posted they blame everything and everyone for there downfall instead of where there downfall really lies. And that is with Shafti.

If you order a kit from Hurst Drive Line you will have the kit in a week or less. I do not know much about American Powertrain . But if you made a mistake and put in an order with Shafti Keister who knows when or if you would received the kit. And now never.

His adds are still up on many web sites. As he is now trying to sucker people in to invest in None Trade able stocks. WTF.

Looks like I dodged a bullet here. Other than some not significant delays in delivery of both TKO600's, I got everything I wanted. I had a lot of discussions with their tech support due to (1) speedo cable where it turned out that I was wrong, (2) driveshaft didn't fit Toms Differential Pinion gear input...which they fixed at no charge. (they had to make a new driveshaft for me on their dime). The tech support people I had extended conversations with seemed to be very decent people.

holy crap.... how can a company that had a decent product, nice guys, good customer service go downhill so bad ???? I guess only the boss-man knows.... LOL

Summit/Jegs sell the TKO for $2200, add the bellhousing, clutch, flywheel, pedals, driveshaft.... maybe $3200 total.... so a "COMPLETE" kit , a "one stop shop" that charges $4000 is really not all that bad, considering the convenience.... too bad in this market you run out of customers quickly.... it's not like somebody owns a 67 Corvette and buys two TKO conversion kits for it..... the market is saturated very quickly....

Just to re:iterate a comment I made before. "The tech support people I had extended conversations with seemed to be very decent people." They were sincere and, ultimately effective, in helping me out with some of our integration problems. And if you read my posts, one problem was due to my negligence, not their shortcoming. The driveshaft problem...they have ownership on that one. If I had some more TKO600 trannies to buy, I'd gladly buy then from Keisler.

I really love to drive my 68 with it's Keisler TKO600 5 speed transmission. I's really made a different car out of it. The TKO600 is an easy sell for me. Previously I had a Richmond 5 speed in another car, and it was difficult to shift.

Last edited:
My '72 was a Muncie car, and wanting an overdrive because of my move to Florida, noting the total difference in driving habits, Wash DC is gridlock may hit 80 mph for a mile or so, but between the nazis and the cars, well I did not need overdrive, looking at the cost of O/D stick shift transmissions, I gave up, and went for a 700 auto, worked ok, but it's a poor match to the car, went to a 200 that I built myself in the back room, works fine, good match....wish I did the 200 first off....trick IS the automatics were not only easier, but less than 1/3 the price.....:cool:

BTW, I built a 700 for a motor home project, shown on my sites below....it's fine also....cost only 1000 bux, installed by me, in place of a thm350, I fabbed up all the mounts and changed the drive shaft section out.....:loveletter:

Being a junkyard hotrodder, I am convinced there are many more sources for overdrive stick shift transmissions in the yards, so to buy one for like 500 bux, not 5000.....

:lol:

holy crap.... how can a company that had a decent product, nice guys, good customer service go downhill so bad ???? I guess only the boss-man knows.... LOL

Summit/Jegs sell the TKO for $2200, add the bellhousing, clutch, flywheel, pedals, driveshaft.... maybe $3200 total.... so a "COMPLETE" kit , a "one stop shop" that charges $4000 is really not all that bad, considering the convenience.... too bad in this market you run out of customers quickly.... it's not like somebody owns a 67 Corvette and buys two TKO conversion kits for it..... the market is saturated very quickly....

Yes, but it doesn't have the shifter kit to fit the C3.

Anyway this 5-speed conversion was on of the many things that was to follow, but not anymore I guess.

A lot of companies bit the dust, to name one : Crane.

Quality has gone down hill, prices up. Go figure.