American race components corvette parts

Those brackets look like the same ones fastcorvette.com/Duntov sells (for $20 more), also like the ones Jim Glass Corvette has had on ebay three or four times that haven`t met the reserve........Interesting this guy is in Dallas and FC/Duntov is in Dallas......I bet I have owned 10 or 12 sets of the GM brackets but never used them on a race car.....
redvetracr

So there not really that important?

I also like his rear spring hangers

Click the in the shop tab and scroll down to see their vette build. They do amazing work

good idea, raise the body to finish weld the cage....3R Automotive in Denver I know, the vintage racer belongs to a racing friend who works there (his father also owns a big Corvette resto shop in Denver)...I don`t see the brake system though?? where is it? I do like that power steering box.....

So there not really that important?

I also like his rear spring hangers

Click the in the shop tab and scroll down to see their vette build. They do amazing work

actually they do help but my calipers are rear mounted, when we did that we added some material to the caliper mount stiffening them. But no I wouldn`t think you need them for the autocross track

like the adjustable rear swaybar on the C-3 vintage racer?...I know his father buys stuff from the guy who built that black ($250K) mid year roadster....very trick and very expensive.

good idea, raise the body to finish weld the cage....3R Automotive in Denver I know, the vintage racer belongs to a racing friend who works there (his father also owns a big Corvette resto shop in Denver)...I don`t see the brake system though?? where is it? I do like that power steering box.....

Oops wrong link

Here it is

http://www.3r-racing.com/current_projects_folder/vintage_brake_kit/vintage_brake_kit.html

I like that jeep box too. I am going to start looking for one at the local junk yard

I wonder if I could raise the body to finish welding my cage. Seems simple enough with a lift

Last edited:
like the adjustable rear swaybar on the C-3 vintage racer?...I know his father buys stuff from the guy who built that black ($250K) mid year roadster....very trick and very expensive.

That car has some amazing fabrication done to it

I think the engine has been moved back also

Here it is done

2289955277_e2728c56a3_o.jpg

Last edited:
That car has some amazing fabrication done to it

I think the engine has been moved back also

Here it is done
2289955277_e2728c56a3_o.jpg

I believe those are two different cars.....they brought this one up to Road America last fall...they didn`t do too well but in Bobby`s defense It was his first time there.

Last edited:
I believe those are two different cars.....

Oh so the other one will be his second then, he must have got tired of loosing :smash:

Did you see the 3r brake set up? pretty trick

If I start doing track events (hopefully before the end of this year) do you think I would noticed the stiffeners after I installed them? I may try to make my own, seems simple enough

Seems like theres a lot of people going into racing vintage

Last edited:
Oh so the other one will be his second then, he must have got tired of loosing :smash:

Did you see the 3r brake set up? pretty trick

For free I would try the pistons but I wouldn`t spend (my own) money experimenting with them, everything else seems standard, lip seals from Lonestar, directional vane rotors...interesting they don`t talk about hats or pads...and they don`t show them either. they also don`t show a brake duct which (on my car) are spindle mounted...another big thing is they didn`t move the caliper to the rear and they don`t have the split caliper as all the fastest cars in the country have done. In short I`m not too impressed.....are you?

PS: Bobby is pretty fast in Colorado.....see his rear quarters?? thats his Dads shop.

Last edited:
I just thought the pistons looked cool, plus I want some of those titanium insulators

You use the lip seals right?

[QUOTE
I like that jeep box too. I am going to start looking for one at the local junk yard
[/QUOTE]

Yellow73 : the Jeep box is a modification that I would like to do to mine too, keep us posted on your progress there please.....
Frank.

That jeep box is the only thing I do not like on that car, not the box itself but the way it was done. The car has nice fabrication all over it (love the diff crossmember) and then they mount the box with those overlapping double holes w/ adapter blocks. The way that is mounted (corvettesteering.com?) looks like something that was done in Delhi!

I like how greenwood did it much much better, they have a nice set of tubes with mounting plates between the frame and cage.

That jeep box is the only thing I do not like on that car, not the box itself but the way it was done. The car has nice fabrication all over it (love the diff crossmember) and then they mount the box with those overlapping double holes w/ adapter blocks. The way that is mounted (corvettesteering.com?) looks like something that was done in Delhi!

I like how greenwood did it much much better, they have a nice set of tubes with mounting plates between the frame and cage.

Do you have pictures of the green wood setup?