comments on 4165 holley carb

Lars, I went out to the garage and got the list numbers off 4 carbs and I think I have another one somewhere.

I have a 6210-3 that I bought from Summit 4 years ago. It ran good but seem to want to stall when you quickly let off the throttle.

I also have the following:

List 6211
List 6773
List 6497

The stalling issue with the 6210-3 can usually be solved by correctly setting up the idle on the secondary side - be sure you have the secondary throttle blade cracked open enough so that you do not have more than .020" exposure of the primary side transition slot.

Your other carbs are all 4165-series carbs. The 6211 is an 800 cfm unit and the other two are both 650's with the close-tolerance emissions jets in them. If I were setting up a carb for a racing or performance application, I'd be playing with that 6211...

Lars

Lars, If the 6211 has been messed up regarding the idel circuit can I use one the jet plate from one of the others on it?

Lars's philosophy: "When in doubt, try it out!"

Lars

Ok Lars, I need a little more help. I've installed the 64 jets. I also purchased the 31 discharge nozzle. However, I'm stuck as to how to install it. The nozzle won't fit between the choke shaft and the choke horn. It looks like I will have to remove the choke butterfly to R&R the discharge nozzle. Is this true? If so, how do I remove it? It looks like the blade snaps into a slot in the choke shaft.

I've never seen a discharge nozzle that wouldn't come out with a little wiggling and cocking. If, for some reason, it won't come out, just pull the choke shaft out - stick a small screwdriver into the shaft slot to spread it at the blade retaining feature and pop the blade out. The shaft then slides out.

Lars