L88 distance kit

OZgreen69

I'm talking with the regulating body,CAMS here in OZ, about adding some parts to, the parts eligibility sheet of the c3, like FIA road racing light kit, front spoiler....
They are not against it, as long that I can show them ome part numbers and that they where sold by GM dealers.
So, would you have in your archive the GM part number for :

FIA fixed light, either the number of the kit, or individual parts.
Front spoiler.
Windshield wiper cover kit.

I found part numbers for the clear covers, but need confirmation. And the Corvair head light supports but not much for the rest.

I sent an email to Classicaircraftauto inc too. As it appears that they were selling those parts when new.

Any help will be much appreciated . Many thanks in advance.

Well!! Mega thanks Red.
Would you think that this part number cover both covers Lh and Rh ?
What else do you have in your man cave ?
Thank you again much appreciated .

You certainly know how some time it is difficult to deal with racing authorities !!

Maybe that parts list belongs in to the vettemod technical section.

Header and pipe unit LH 3981591
Header and pipe unit RH 3981592
Header only LH 3960709
Header only RH 3960710
Collector pipe assy LH (use with 3981591)3960713
Collector pipe assy RH (use with 3981592) 3960714
Muffler (2 req.) 3977899 (fits inside collector pipes)
Gasket, header to block 3960712
Bolt, header 3960711

I'm talking with the regulating body,CAMS here in OZ, about adding some parts to, the parts eligibility sheet of the c3, like FIA road racing light kit, front spoiler....
They are not against it, as long that I can show them ome part numbers and that they where sold by GM dealers.
So, would you have in your archive the GM part number for :

FIA fixed light, either the number of the kit, or individual parts.
Front spoiler.
Windshield wiper cover kit.

I found part numbers for the clear covers, but need confirmation. And the Corvair head light supports but not much for the rest.

I sent an email to Classicaircraftauto inc too. As it appears that they were selling those parts when new.

Any help will be much appreciated . Many thanks in advance.

I don`t know if the front spoiler and wiper door cover were GM pieces, I had two covers but only one box, sadly I got screwed out of them but I believe there is a left and a right, my suggestion would be to get an old P&A 30 B thats the Corvette parts book they used at Chevy before computers, everything Corvette race related is in there but knowing where to look (by group number) can be quite a trick, or possibly an older copy of the Chevy Power book, the old ones had a Corvette section...

Last edited:
Thanks gentlemen appreciated. And many thanks for the links as well

I found the numbers for the lights : clear cover Lh & Rh and bulb support, so Ok there.
I didn't know that Chev was selling a race side pipe for the sbc, even better for me !!!

Not too sure for the spoiler and the wiper panel as well, but you can see the wiper panel on the AIR L88 , so this is quite early in the racing life of the C3.
The spoiler arrived later.
But again your help is much appreciated. My wife's already complaining that I spend too much time on the computer !! Well ! It is 40 C + outside, so I am staying where the AC is !!

https://www.corvettemods.com/C3-Corvette-1968-1972-L88-FIA-Wiper-Cover-Kit_p_15076.html

C3-Corvette-1968-1972-L88-FIA-Wiper-Cover-Kit

Says currently not available, but you could contact them.

It is on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/C3-Corvette-1968-1972-L88-FIA-Wiper-Cover-Kit-/253422361382

Classic aircraft has it too.

Their ad says that their piece reduces the weight of the cover function "by close to 25 pounds". Is the factory assembly (wiper cover, grill, linkages, and vacuum can) that damn heavy?

Their ad says that their piece reduces the weight of the cover function "by close to 25 pounds". Is the factory assembly (wiper cover, grill, linkages, and vacuum can) that damn heavy?

Good question. There are a lot of parts, but I'd guess about half what they claim at most. I rebuilt one and seem to remember the original cover was cast.

Last edited:
I can tell you that the complete wiper door/mechanism assembly is damn heavy !! I should dig the numbers I collected. And this is quite high of the ground.

Thanks for the links, but still not part numbers unfortunately.
And no reply yet from Classic aircraft , who says on their website that GM stopped selling some parts after 1971, so I need to find a P&A 30B prior to 71 !

Yeah, thanks RTJ. I had a look at this one but no Corvette just other GM cars and Camaros.
I had more luck with the Super Sport Equipment list November 1970 but still no body parts.
So maybe the spoiler and wiper panel were not GM's parts ??

Anyway I will submit the head lights first as I've got them already on the car.