Power brake booster vacuum line

keywestjack

Can I use 3/8 fuel hose from the manifold to the booster? If not any suggestions? Thank you, Jack, Happy Easter!

If it fits, sure. It is just vacuum so shouldn't be a problem. May be some better choices out there, but I would probably use fuel line too. Of course, the really trick thing to do would be to bend steel line and just use rubber between the engine and firewall.

If it fits, sure. It is just vacuum so shouldn't be a problem. May be some better choices out there, but I would probably use fuel line too. Of course, the really trick thing to do would be to bend steel line and just use rubber between the engine and firewall.

lots of g-body cars had that a line just like that

fuel hose is fine for vacuum, however, vacuum hose is not fine for fuel (despite what the Bubba that used it on my v-8 blazer thought)

fuel hose is fine for vacuum, however, vacuum hose is not fine for fuel (despite what the Bubba that used it on my v-8 blazer thought)

:goodnight: Vacuum sux, and fuel blows......:goodnight:

Penny Wise ...

I would not recommend using fuel line hose for PB hose. Each has a much different SAE spec & quite a different durometer, i.e. hardness. Squeeze a sample of each. C3 fuel hose is under positive pressure – and not much. It's critical factor is not the wall strength as much as resistance to the corrosive effects of the fuel. The PB hose is under negative pressure & wall strength is critical to prevent collapsing. Wall strength is even more critical in auto trans cooler hoses to prevent bursting from high positive pressures.

It's really penny wise to avoid the expense of getting the right grade of hose at any FLAPS out there. But heck it's your Corvette to do with as you wish.

(My first ride of the season begins today April 5. Sunny, somewhat warm in New England coast)

:thumbs: FIRE!