shortened 9-leaf spring

MYBAD79

I have a 9-leaf steel spring that I shortened 1" to clear wider tires. I installed a (supposedly stiffer) 7-leaf spring and no longer need this one.

With this 9-leaf spring you will need 8" bolts to get the ride height down, depending on your taste you might use 7" of that bolt and cut the excess under the nut.... with a standard 6" bolt it sits a little high.

The 8" bolts (1/2" threads, grade8) are less than $10 at Fastenal or McMaster, you don't have to buy the $25 "Corvette" bolts from the vendors ... :rolleyes:

Shipping is going to be expensive due to weight and size.

Maybe somebody local needs a new spring or wants to clear the tires: $40

BUMP.......

I just remembered... I offered this spring in the 2007 Christmas giveaway thread..... so here's the new deal: FREE SPRING.... you pay shipping or come and get it...

BUMP.......

I just remembered... I offered this spring in the 2007 Christmas giveaway thread..... so here's the new deal: FREE SPRING.... you pay shipping or come and get it...

Ok, Lets see if someone needs it first, if not we'll check out shipping to me. My 9 leaf is broken. Never hurts to have a spare. I just don't want to take it from someone who REALLY needs it.:D