My 1,500.00 1990 project

I just finished clear coating the bumper, will need to color sand and buff at a later time but it looks nice.

Will be doing the hood and doors later then whole car will match.

cleared002.jpg

cleared006.jpg

cleared009.jpg

cleared005.jpg

cleared004.jpg

cleared003.jpg

I just washed the car and decided to post some more pictures. It is getting close to being done

Once I get the hood, doors, fenderettes painted and all the panels aligned it should really start looking good.

newvette001.jpg

newvette002.jpg

newvette003.jpg

newvette004.jpg

newvette005.jpg

newvette006.jpg

I haven't done much to the car due to health problems but currently now have the correct rotors to do the J55 brake upgrade. I will have to rebuild the J55 calipers since the rubber boots are torn. I'm going to hold off on suspension rebuilding until I am sure this car can drive. so after brake issues are fixed I will get it setup for smog and hopefully it passes. I've also been considering a color change to metallic blue with silver GS stripe that matches my rims.

J55001.jpg

J55003.jpg

Think next year I will have it painted corvette electron blue with silver GS stripe. Really like that shade of blue.

I started sanding down 1/2 the hood and drivers door today. I am not bothering primering the car since eventually it is going to have a color change anyways. For now just want it one shade of white.

So after I break though clear with 220 with block sand the original white base with 400 and 600 and then spray and clear.

I have a couple high/low spots but just going to fill them. I'm not overly concerned about the door jambs though.

painting001.jpg

painting002.jpg

painting003.jpg

Well I got the rest of the hood sanded down to 220 now. Just going to do light filling work and the sand with 400 and paint it.

Still have to sand the passenger door, rocker panels, and front fenders but that shouldn't take to long.

painting001.jpg

painting002.jpg

painting003.jpg

today I sanded down the headlight lids & bezels and started on the passenger door. By tomorrow I should have it prepped enough for a new coat of paint. I know primer is the best way but since a color change is in store for the car it's original white paint is going to be the primer hahaha.

painting001-1.jpg

painting002-1.jpg

painting004.jpg

painting003-1.jpg

today I had the dreaded hood cable break and what a pain in the rear. It even looks harder to replace the cables for that matter. So being I'm cheap I just got two clothes hangers and made my own releases. Works great and actually easier then bending over to unlock the factory hood latch release.

drilled the hood latch

hoodrelease002.jpg

drilled the rubber hood seal

hoodrelease003.jpg

bent my clothes hanger and afterwards bent the tabs down

hoodrelease004.jpg

hoodrelease001.jpg

bent it so it tucks under the wiper sprayer.

hoodrelease005.jpg