Fabrication---AC Bracket

Jsup

Anyone here do aluminum fabrication? The stock AC Compressor bracket in my car is made of cheap crappy pot metal, I think having one made of aluminum would be nice, and much stronger. I am on my third one and it keeps cracking.

I have one I can send as a pattern. It's nothing fancy, but looks like shit, and breaks.

Anyone here do aluminum fabrication? The stock AC Compressor bracket in my car is made of cheap crappy pot metal, I think having one made of aluminum would be nice, and much stronger. I am on my third one and it keeps cracking.

I have one I can send as a pattern. It's nothing fancy, but looks like shit, and breaks.

WHERE is the break, I had my buddy TIG mine which is like '88 vette style, and so I ASSumed it broke from being not fastened with the top bolt of the twin bolts off the cylinder head....due to me running older iron heads...

I did not use the rear brace to the header bolts from the compressor then, either....

since then, L98 heads and that welded bracket, and SO FAR all is fine...

I willing to compare pix if you can show where it's broken at, as I doubt any pix I show now will tell much...

:thumbs::smash:

What motor and what compressor? I stole the LS head bolt pattern from a diagram I found online. It was actually designed for an R4 compressor, but I modified it for my Vintage Air sanden.
front.jpg

Last edited: