Rookie's First Restoration Attempt...

Stinger didn't last long on DC ether. He basically stuck his lip out and went crying to mama tit. I wish this would of happens sooner because there would be no Vette for him without the Vette comunties and all the good folks. I can't imagine how Mike feels, what a let down and the sad part about it is he will be reluctant to help the next kid wanting to learn. I would like to think stinger will get his one day but in my experience these kind of people don't care and just keep on being their snobie selves. Thanks TT for that great post, it hit the nail on the head.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:Mark

Mark Mike is a Great Guy and I feel that he will help those that need it. Even if at times it will bite you in the back side lol.

It is always Ok to screw yourself. But at the same time it is much harder to keep others from doing it to you.

But you are right. There are people in this world that just simply do not care and never will. Thus they can not be taut to care.

I am still very upset of how this was handled by the powers that be over on CF. But as we all know that are here they do not care either sorry to say. That is why there knowledgeable members have left the building.

There was a lot of communication in PMs as well as here in this thread (and the deleted/sanitized posts at CF) .... Stinger/Jeremy got lots of advice - I hope he takes his time to think and re-think this whole thing. It's disappointing to say the least.
And CF?? Really???? That's where he got the most heat ... Only difference is the sanitizers over there cleaned it up for him ...

Stinger/Jeremy got lots of advice - I hope he takes his time to think and re-think this whole thing. It's disappointing to say the least.

I agree with this comment,
I followed this thread from the begining, I took Jeremy's side a few times because it was refreshing to see a young kid be so focused on this hobby we all share.

BUT

After following all the drama, All I can say is that this car building thing got up to Jeremy's head big time.

Like TT I think that Jeremy got very arrogant and doesnt seems to remember where he's from.
Too bad and very disapointing.

I dont know Trackdog personaly, never had to deal with him either but from what I read in all of the Vettes forums about him (way before this thread) was very good and positive comments and you could see that other members respected the guy.

In other word this guy (trackdog) has a very good reputation and he deserves it because he worked hard EARNING IT building LOTS OF CARS thru the years!

Now jeremy, my humble opinion is that you have set your reputation in one build, one car...
Building a reputable and good reputation in this very small world is hard,
It took you one build to set yours.

I used to love this build, not so much now, I will add that I dont give a shit anymore how it turns out.
Good luck and grow up!

Will read about this later and respond accordingly, came back just in time for some corvette drama :fishing:

I kind of don't feel like getting banned on CF again

I've never responded to any of his threads, something always seemed off with him. At the same time I've not responded to many threads that I view

Nothing really ground breaking going on, basically seeing how well he can shine up 50 year old technology

Last edited:
I hopped on the .net about '95 or so, some geek friends helped me learn on Win '95, they were very patient, I had not typed in decades, since school daze yet....but I remember alt.autos.corvette.....chat group that predated CF for years, it died soon as CF took off.....

as to the vette/car hobby, I will take this opportunity to say THANKS to the guys on this forum, you all have been of IMMENSE help over the years....

some of you have even donated parts, and that's extremely generous.....

it does not go un noticed, and is deeply appreciated....

:bounce:;)