Old Project Revitalized - 56 Track Car

Nice, need a video when it is running.

Awesome! Nothing like hearing a BBC at 7k+

Do you have any more photos of your C4 knuckles? It looks like in one of the pictures you had some bracing on the forward links?

Do you have any more photos of your C4 knuckles? It looks like in one of the pictures you had some bracing on the forward links?

I'll go by the storage shed and take some pictures of the knuckles. I added an inner plate/brace that put the forward link bolts in double sheer, rather than just screwing into the upright in single sheer.

Pappy

Here are the photos of the extra bracing on the rear knuckle. I added a coil-over pick-up and a plate to put the forward link bolts in double sheer. The other addition is a sway bar mount pick-up.

Corvette C-4 Rear 1.jpg

Corvette C-4 Rear 2.jpg

Corvette C-4 Rear 3.jpg

Corvette C-4 Rear 4.jpgCorvette C-4 Rear 1.jpgCorvette C-4 Rear 2.jpgCorvette C-4 Rear 3.jpgCorvette C-4 Rear 4.jpg

Here are the photos of the extra bracing on the rear knuckle. I added a coil-over pick-up and a plate to put the forward link bolts in double sheer. The other addition is a sway bar mount pick-up.

Great idea! I really like the coilover pick-up. Thanks for the pictures

Still working on the Corvette, but in the meantime I was offered a beautiful trailer at a price I could not turn down. Almost new and very well equipped. A little bigger than I need (28' box), but oh well. My buddy who sold me the trailer is having a longer one built (34") so he can both Viper track cars in it!

Trailer 1.jpgTrailer 1.jpg

A little fat on the AFR (especially 3500-4500 rpm) and only 34 degrees timing, so there is a little more in the motor with further tuning.

56 Corvette Dyno.jpg56 Corvette Dyno.jpg

OK, just a short update to prove I am still working on this thing. Fuel Safe is building my new fuel cell - 19.8 gal, 1.79 gal trap door collector for road racing, Aeromotive A1000 in-tank pump, FIA pro cell bladder, remote fill. Aeromotive suggested I run a fuel cooler in the return line from the regulator, so I built a receiver duct for a 3" air hose that comes from one of the side scoops and a fiberglass container for the Setrab cooler and fan. Here are a couple of photos.

Pappy

56 Corvette Fuel Cooler 1.jpg

56 Corvette Fuel Cooler 2.jpg

56 Corvette Fuel Cooler 3.jpg

56 Corvette Fuel Cooler 4.jpg56 Corvette Fuel Cooler 1.jpg56 Corvette Fuel Cooler 3.jpg56 Corvette Fuel Cooler 2.jpg56 Corvette Fuel Cooler 4.jpg

I've got visions of this thing running at Le Mans. Just a crazy dream, but it's going to pack a punch wherever you run it.

Nice cooler setup!
Did Aeromotive say why they thought a cooler would be needed? Are you running a carb or EFI? Any PWM controller for the pump?

Nice cooler setup!
Did Aeromotive say why they thought a cooler would be needed? Are you running a carb or EFI? Any PWM controller for the pump?

This is an EFI - sequential injection with 115 #/hr injectors, Hogan intake, 2200 cfm Wilson throttle body, and a MoTec ECU. Aeromotive told me that since it was a road race car, I would not be at low rpm enough to warrant a PWM controller (like a street car would need), but they thought keeping the fuel as cool as possible was still important to pump life, so they recommended a fuel cooler in the return line. The pump is plate mount inside the fuel cell.

Pappy

A little progress. Some finish work and paint in the trunk and I can button that part up. Fuel Safe shipped my fuel cell today, so I should have it next week.

56 Corvette Trunk 4.jpg56 Corvette Trunk 4.jpg

Looking forward to hear that car run. :thumbs:

Fuel cell arrived - exactly as I ordered it. Scott at Fuel Safe was very easy to work with and very responsive. Cell is FIA certified - powder coated .063" aluminum with an internal Aeromotive A1000 pump, -10 outlet, -8 return, and -12 vent.

Pappy

56 Corvette Fuel Cell 1.jpg

56 Corvette Fuel Cell 2.jpg56 Corvette Fuel Cell 1.jpg56 Corvette Fuel Cell 2.jpg

The things that don't slow me down. I had to cut the floorboard out of the trunk to install the Decalink rear suspension. then I had to build tunnels to make room for the exhaust over the new rear axles. Then, there was a filler door for the fuel cell (so I didn't have to open the deck lid to refuel), a "catch pan" around the fuel fill to keep spilled gas from going into the trunk, and, of course, bezels for the shock remote canister lines. The fuel cell also had the wrong flapper valves in the collector (I had ordered the NASCAR aluminum ones with O-rings), so I had to wait for those to be shipped. BUT, I am making progress.

56 Corvette Trunk 5.jpg

56 Corvette Trunk 7.jpg

56 Corvette Fuel Safe 2.jpg56 Corvette Trunk 5.jpg56 Corvette Trunk 7.jpg56 Corvette Fuel Safe 2.jpg