My Bad a$$ '79 is finally back on the road

MYBAD79

Well, I did that Grand Am steering rack conversion back in 2016, it was great for about a month, then the steering had play like about 1" so I figured the chinese rebuilt rack crapped out on me and I parked the car and worked on other projects.... fast forwatd to November 2019 - finally wanted to see what the hell is going on, found the two bolts from the center take off rack that connect to the steering rods loose.... ok, that's an easy fix, been driving it again , wohooooo... needed a wash and polish/wax after three years but hell, it's a blast driving this car again .....currently working on headlight motor conversion, will start a seperate thread on that topic, it's great to have this beast back on the road though ????

I love it when stuff turns out to be an easy fix. Doesn't happen often though!

What ever happened to your lightweight door project?

Potential theft problems kill it (no windows I remember)?

What ever happened to your lightweight door project?

Potential theft problems kill it (no windows I remember)?

I got that done years ago, the doors weigh 20lbs each compared to 70 lbs original.
My biggest issue is side impact safety until I get the cage installed. I'm planning on two door bars, the upper will also serve as my armrest. With the hollow door you gain about 3" that you can move the cage outwards so it's not too cramped ?