recently re-restored vintage racer

Yeah, very little vintage there, however if you look at the frames of those Greenwood cars back then, they have even more mods. Are they considered vintage?

Your right with the Greenwood IMSA Camel GTO cars. Really opened the door for modification. John,s talent really started to come to light. I'm sure his AP cars where very well prepared, but not like the one above. Guess I need to find a SCCA 67-72 GCR book. Thats what spec's they should be built to. They are closer to GT1 and SPO cars now, not much vintage about them.

You where limited what you could do in AP and BP. Most of these so called vintage cars are emulating AP cars, but they are closer to later IMSA GTX cars, which I think the first year was 78, when you could move your engine and trans locations.

Last edited:
They most likely moved the shock up and inwards so you can run a decent length shock with a significantly lowered suspension without having the shock ride the last 1/4 or so of travel.

You can actually see that the trailing arm pivot hole was moved up because stock the hole is in a section where there's a double plate, to reinforce the hole.

249b81246e4e35.jpg

They most likely moved the shock up and inwards so you can run a decent length shock with a significantly lowered suspension without having the shock ride the last 1/4 or so of travel.

You can actually see that the trailing arm pivot hole was moved up because stock the hole is in a section where there's a double plate, to reinforce the hole.

will you please flip your car upside down so I can "attempt" to gauge how much they moved the t-arm pivot point up?? according to Dick Guldstrand moving the pivot up is a very big deal.....

I'd say it's up a good 2 inches

I need to move my shocks inside like that. Mainly just have to convince my dad I need to cut the storage compartment out.

101_1500.jpg

I can`t see a pivot point on the right pic...

You can just see the side of the shiney bolt on the right. it's just above that square/boxed part of the fiberglass that goes over the frame.

I'll make a new pic w/ your pics....hold on.

lil_wayne_pink_bape_camo093007041156.gif

Isn't that vettesbydesign?

Last edited:
when he has his diamond studded race suit and gold plated helmet on. (sideways) patten leather driving shoes also.

ha54wp-1.gif