how do spring rates of a 82 to compare to that of a 90 FE1

Both are similar weight. I don't think a C4 in a C3 would be much different than the C4 in the C4

just curious how much more brutal the ride will be on this c3 to c4 conversion.

You can compare the rear rates pretty easily as the assemblies are similar, but not the fronts. The front spring mounting points on the lower A-arms are so different between a C3 and a C4 that you have to either compare wheel rates or do some math.

You can compare the rear rates pretty easily as the assemblies are similar, but not the fronts. The front spring mounting points on the lower A-arms are so different between a C3 and a C4 that you have to either compare wheel rates or do some math.

NO MATH!!!!!

hey do you have pictures of how you mounted the dogbone brackets on yours?

NO MATH!!!!!

Here's an old picture from when I was working on the frame. I made a couple slight clearance cuts in the area between the original T/A mount, and the angled brace. I then welded in a plate/bracket that the stock C4 dogbone mount bolted to (in case I wanted to change the anti-squat I could modify the stock bracket).

IM000651.jpg

Remember, my suspension is narrowed about an inch and a half per side. I would expect a stock width C4 suspension would put the dogbone brackets at a width somewhat similar to the present T/A bolt position.

NO MATH!!!!!

Here's an old picture from when I was working on the frame. I made a couple slight clearance cuts in the area between the original T/A mount, and the angled brace. I then welded in a plate/bracket that the stock C4 dogbone mount bolted to (in case I wanted to change the anti-squat I could modify the stock bracket).

IM000651.jpg

Remember, my suspension is narrowed about an inch and a half per side. I would expect a stock width C4 suspension would put the dogbone brackets at a width somewhat similar to the present T/A bolt position.

Yes, I am going with 1990 width and 90 offset wheels. I thought about buying 1/4" plate and cut to width of the frame rail and then weld nuts to the backside of the plate and then drill holes in the frame rails so the nuts fit in and the plate sits flush and then weld the plate to the frame rail and bolt the dogbone brackets up.

Last edited: