5 Point Restraints for an 82??

Phill's Vette

I am looking to install a 5 point restraint system in my 82, I will be using this on stock seats/interior. What is the best way to go about this? I have been looking at the shark Bars at Vetteworks, but are there other vendors that sell bolt in bars for the 5 point systems for a C3??

I am not looking to do any racing, just want added safety. A friend of a friend was killed last week in a roll over, driving a 79 Camaro. He was wearing the stock shoulder harness seat belt and was partially ejected from the car.

Thanks!

sorry about your friend.

Personally I like these racing belts although it's a pain getting in and out. If you want to install these correctly you'll need solid anchor points in the rear. I thought about installing these and drilling holes thru the storage compartment so that I could bolt the belts directly to the rear frame crossmember. With stock seats you'll also need a harness bar so that the height and angle of the belt is correct and the belts can't slip off your shoulders.
I built my own harness bar that is a clean "bolt in" and only a fraction of the cost of those available on the market.

I gave up on that idea and got the repro stock style shoulder belts instead. I believe that in a severe accident the entire seat will likely come off the floorboard anyways.....bolted to the thin sheetmetal floorboard with four 5/16" bolts... if you really want to do it right you cut the floor, add crossmembers to the frame that you can bolt the seat to and then install the harness system....