Update on my 68 project (Pic)

cgc68

For those of you who are new or interested in an update on my project progress I think one word would describe it "slow". I started Fall of 2007 with the help of my 14 year old grandson (now 15) and now I am in the rebuild and reassemble stage. I have not lost interest and I still enjoy the project. There have been many interruptions over the months. I have removed the body, stripped the frame, had the frame powder coated, replaced front end bushings, reassembled front end, rebuild both trailing arms, opened up the differential today and have cleaned up many parts. Still a long way to go.
I am not very good at taking pictures as you will see but I will post a few for review and a few new ones. Just want to say thank you to the members of the forums without your help I would be up to my eyes in alligators instead of my ankles. Thank you so much.
charlie

905.jpg

941.jpg

946.jpg

IMG_1665.jpg

IMG_1677.jpg

IMG_1685.jpg

PICT0029.jpg

PICT0046.jpg

PICT0057.jpg

PICT0068.jpg

PICT0073.jpg

The frame looks all black in these pictures but its really a black and silver called Silvervain. It is as much silver as it is black.

IMG_2255.jpg

IMG_2257.jpg

IMG_2259.jpg

You can see the Silvervaining a little on the right.

IMG_2260.jpg

IMG_2261.jpg

IMG_2262.jpg

PICT0002.jpg

PICT0003.jpg

PICT0004.jpg

PICT0009.jpg

I hope I didn't overstay my welcome by posting so many pictures.

You guys aren't talking half measures :) I like the dark silver on the frame. It should go nice with the silver paint on the body.

Glad you guys like the frame color choice. I wanted silver but was afraid I couldn't pull it off. When I went to the powder coater's I was going to go with black. I was telling him how I really was wanting a silver frame but was going to have him do it in black. He showed me his 50 Mercury. I love those old Mercurys. The frame was done in Silvervain. I really really liked the look of it. Again I am glad you guys like the color. I wish the pictures were better. I will try again (later) only in the sunlight.
Yes it is great having the grandson helping. He is a quick learner. He does have an active social life and then there is his baseball which gets in the way of working on the car but he is a lot of fun to have around. He won't be much help this week he helping with the smaller children's VBS at church.

charlie

Hi Everyone, thought I would bring this thread more up to date. I now have a mostly done rolling chassis. The pics are running behind. I have the gas tank, gas lines, brake lines, and steering installed. I'll try to post updated pics in a week or two. I have rebuilt a 200 4R OD transmission this winter. Now that the weather is getting better I hope to spend a lot more time working on the car.

I am not going to be able to do all at once the things I wanted to do to the car since my "extra" money is gone. I am not going to cut any corners on anything that makes since to do with the body off. Hope to get the car back together this summer. After that I'll do the restoration one project at a time as money permits.

Here are some more pics. I don't know why some have a greenish tint to them. There is no green on the chassis. Pic # 3 is a leak test.

IMG000.jpg IMG001.jpg

IMG010.jpg IMG011.jpg IMG013.jpg

IMG014.jpg IMG016-1.jpg

IMG017-1.jpg IMG018-1.jpg IMG019-1.jpg