Dropping the rear about 1/2" or better

mrvette

Phantom of the Opera
Been looking at my VBP rear spring there, and it has the provided spacer above the spring, plus some thinner padding.....wonder if I could take that spacer out and put it on the bottom of the spring, looks like I could lower the ass about 1/2 inch by doing so...trick is, does that HELP or hurt the caster in front???

:hissyfit:

I'd be surprised if you see any signifficant (or even measurable) change on the front at all.

on the other hand, I am sure the spacer and the padding are there for a reason, you don't want the fiberglass spring unisulated against the diffy...

I'd be surprised if you see any signifficant (or even measurable) change on the front at all.

on the other hand, I am sure the spacer and the padding are there for a reason, you don't want the fiberglass spring unisulated against the diffy...

OH, GEAR vibration?? or flex problems on the spring??

maybe to talk to VBP??

interesting, as I installed it the way they said.....I THINK....

been a while...

:crutches:

well..... they wouldn't provide it with the spring if they didn't think it was needed... call them , i'm curious what they say about it....

If you didn't have that cusion, the spring would rest on the diffy pad which is rough...looks like it provides protection...also maybe some cushion against torq flex.

I'm guessing you can't or just don't want to lower the rear using the spring bolts?

I disagree on this one. I would want at least some minor cushioning, but otherwise, it's a spring. It should hold up fine. On the ends, there is just that bonded metal pot the bolt connects to. What's the difference?

Don't some wrap the spring in duct tape, to avoid any nicks? A nick or wear anywhere seems detrimental.