STOCK ZZ4 cam......

mrvette

Phantom of the Opera
GM oem for the crate engine or damn close spec roller cam equivalent....

will offer up a used ZZ9 TPIS roller cam in trade??

stepping down for fuel economy and since I going in there for a timing chain anyway....maybe just as well do the whole thing....

:crutches::D

if you want to get rid of the zz9 I'm interested. I have a zz409 in one of my camaros and love it

if you want to get rid of the zz9 I'm interested. I have a zz409 in one of my camaros and love it

OK, another one under my radar...what IS it??

and I need a source for a ZZ4 GM factory/Mexican unit on hand so when its' all down, I can git er dun in minimum down time....

:gurney:

huh? I don't want to get rid of the zz409, if you are doing away w/ the zz9 I'm interested

I have an original roller cam out of a 92 5.7 GTA or an 87 5.7 IROC, both TPI. They are smog cams.

I have an original roller cam out of a 92 5.7 GTA or an 87 5.7 IROC, both TPI. They are smog cams.

My thought pattern is that long as I"m there with the timing chain, go ahead and redo the induction appearance to clean it up, powder coat it, make pretty with some other things, and swap cams to get better economy, and get reduced idle speed down to ~700 rpm instead of the 850 in the computer now....I have a tight converter....

but as a stock cam how do those line up with the ZZ4 cam, ?? you say smog cam, how much HP will they make at what idle speeds?? how good are they on the fuel economy end??

they are stock, unworthy for perf. applications. They are excellent for fuel economy, stable idle (stable vac signal, you have speed density right?), maybe 275HP max depending on heads, exhaust and intake. Idle speed is an easy 550-600. Have had it as low as 500. 24mpg possible w/ very light foot, although C3 would be a little less w/ crappy aerodynamics and all.

they are stock, unworthy for perf. applications. They are excellent for fuel economy, stable idle (stable vac signal, you have speed density right?), maybe 275HP max depending on heads, exhaust and intake. Idle speed is an easy 550-600. Have had it as low as 500. 24mpg possible w/ very light foot, although C3 would be a little less w/ crappy aerodynamics and all.

UMM....lemme get back to you on those cams, Far as I"m concerned the ZZ9 cam is yours, when I get around to working on this vette again...in the next few months....weather dependent....:crutches:, only take a day to tear it down, take a week to get it back together, what with powder coating the induction....PIA....

so will need cam on site before I tear into it....

not sure it's worth shipping from you to me though....fuckers want 50 billion bux to ship a dime's worth of :crap:

if I remember correctly that zz9 has the same exh lobe as my 409 and about .52 lift. Do you have beehives on your alu heads? I don't think L98 d ports were capable of more than .510 or so.

Shipping is cheap for a lightweight thing like a cam.

if I remember correctly that zz9 has the same exh lobe as my 409 and about .52 lift. Do you have beehives on your alu heads? I don't think L98 d ports were capable of more than .510 or so.

Shipping is cheap for a lightweight thing like a cam.

No just stock L98 #113 casting heads....on a '89 truck roller block....4 bolt mains....and the LT1 modified up induction, but speed density computer alright...#1227730 with aftermarket chip/cal-pak....200 4r auto 336 rear....

I can easy spin wheels on take off so off line I can loose a tad and who cares, really....I going to do all this stuff, maybe as well pick up a few MPG, long as it don't totally embarrass the car and me.....

:crutches::crap::friends: