Could I had a choke on this?

denpo

Carburated Nihilist
My card is a 1450/1460 holley (code 3310-11), and even though the carb has the choke flap, its linkage it basically stuck open.

16554dc60b5e986e6.jpg

Is there a way I could add a choke controller to my carb. When cold it's quiet a PITA to start.
Mechanical, electric, vaccum operated, whatever.
I'm actually considering a manual choke, but I just don't know were to start searching for such parts.

The only good carbs are built by Carter....

having said that, when you open the primary flappers a bit, you should have that top choke flapper really loose, if the shaft is tight at all, the mechanism will not close it....sounds like the flapper shaft is binding.....:crutches:

I'm pretty sure Summit has a manual choke kit for these carbs....

It's a PITA to start ??? Are you sure it's because of temperature or maybe it's just been sitting for too long ?? When mine has been sitting for a week or so I just spray some starter fluid on the air filter and it starts right up :D

The only good carbs are built by Carter....

having said that, when you open the primary flappers a bit, you should have that top choke flapper really loose, if the shaft is tight at all, the mechanism will not close it....sounds like the flapper shaft is binding.....:crutches:

I may not have made myself clear enough., my bad.
The plastic piece that hold the flapper linkage just doesn't move, it's totally stationary.
The choker mechanism have been disabled by design on this carb.

I'm pretty sure Summit has a manual choke kit for these carbs....

It's a PITA to start ??? Are you sure it's because of temperature or maybe it's just been sitting for too long ?? When mine has been sitting for a week or so I just spray some starter fluid on the air filter and it starts right up :D

Well, I was not clear enough again, the car starts right away, but it after takes me a couple of minute playing with the accelerator until it decide to hold the idle.
I think I will mail the guys at holley with picture of my carb, they will know for sure how to get that baby converted.

Thanks for the answers.

Last edited:
Yes!

Replace the small rod between the lever and the black braket with a standard cable operating knob.

Your carb have all you need to install a manual choke!

Yes, all the choke stuff is there= remove the white rod (coathanger?) between the brass end and the cable clamp, install a choke cable and drive.

And just about any performance engine, when it's cold, will need a little playing with the throttle to keep it running until it warms up.

Thanks guys, got it.
Let's order....

Order a cable for a 1948 International Harvester Farmall tractor. It will match perfectly. They used galvanized cast plumbing fittings on their engines too. :harhar:

Yes, all the choke stuff is there= remove the white rod (coathanger?) between the brass end and the cable clamp, install a choke cable and drive.

That's what I meant when I said "choke kit" from Summit.... you get the cable and then you'll need a knob for the dash....

That's what I meant when I said "choke kit" from Summit.... you get the cable and then you'll need a knob for the dash....
Bought this
http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS-Performance-Products/555/15830/10002/-1

Exactly what you needed.

Sorry MyBad79- I was thinking of the conversion from auto to manual kit that has all the levers and stops...

Wassamatta mrvette, you never heard of DRIVE BY WIRE?? Jus lookit all dem wirez dere.................:clobbered: