4-speed shifter

Are you talking new or used? I need one that will mount on the tail housing of my T-10, with the linkage rods. This is a budget build so I'm not really looking for new. And I'm not in a huge hurry either.

Clutch, I may be-ridding myself of my complete set up soon (within the next few weeks). It's all out of a '75. I'm not sure of the condition because I haven't pulled the engine/transmission yet. I do believe my stuff is original, but has 110k if that's the case. Do you need the handle as well?

Honestly, don't know. Hopefully, I'll be pulling the engine this weekend, but weather is threatening. As soon as I know, I'll let you know.

Clutch,
I was under the car again yesterday, but only for a brief time. I took a look at my shifter rods, crossmember and how it all goes together. I think my shifter may be mounted to the crossmember. As I was looking, it seemed that there was a hoop around my tailshaft that was bolted to the crossmember and went up to my shifter. Until I pull the driveshaft and my shifter rods (just pull the cotter pin at the rod/lever pivot point right?), I won't be able to get a better view. I couldn't pull the engine this weekend like I hoped because lack of available help and it rained all day Saturday. I should be able to make some more progress tomorrow night and I'll let you know more then.

Thanks, but it sounds like the same set up as what my '81 came with. As I understand it, they mounted the shifter on the crossmember to try and isolate some of the vibration. Since this is going in my 240z, I need to find a shifter that mounts on the tailshaft otherwise, it will take considerably more engineering.

Alright then. Once I dig deep enough to verify, I'll still let you know. If the news is no good, good luck finding one that works.

You could always pop in a T56...:stirpot:

I have over 200 Hurst shifters in stock,(new&used) and I make custom mounting plates for application that Hurst or anybody else doesn't make...

If you have measurements of where you want the shifter to come thru the floor, I could see if I have some that will fit or have to create something...

Crash

Thanks Greg.
Alright Crash, all I need is a standard shifter for the ST-10, with linkage rods. I'm not worried about where it comes through the floor because the car is going to be made to fit the drivetrain, not the other way around. I'm a cheap bastard so make me a good deal on a used one.

Thanks Greg.
Alright Crash, all I need is a standard shifter for the ST-10, with linkage rods. I'm not worried about where it comes through the floor because the car is going to be made to fit the drivetrain, not the other way around. I'm a cheap bastard so make me a good deal on a used one.

Did you find your shifter ? I have 3 old hurst shifters. Are you close to dayton oh I really dont want to screw with shipping ?

Haven't found a shifter yet, and I'm not even close to Ohio. Hell, I'm not even on the right side of the Rocky mountains! If you don't want to ship, that's fine. If you will, just let me know what it's worth for you to box one up.
Thanks.

Haven't found a shifter yet, and I'm not even close to Ohio. Hell, I'm not even on the right side of the Rocky mountains! If you don't want to ship, that's fine. If you will, just let me know what it's worth for you to box one up.
Thanks.

They are hanging out in the shed if 50 bucks boxed and shipped to you is in line with your budget I will get them out and take pics and you can have your pick of what I have. I'm pretty sure they all came out of vettes but not totally sure so if there are numbers on them that someone can share I can check them. I would like to ship it to you and you inspect and if its what you want you can send or paypal the money if you don't want it agree to ship it back to me.
edit - here is a pic of what I have if it will upload. I'm pretty sure the one with the T handle is your only choice, I dont think the others will work and now I'm not sure what they are from.
shifters001.jpg
shifters003.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds like a weiner! Send me a PM with your addy and I'll get a M/O in the mail this week.

PM sent. I hope some more guys will weigh in on which one will fit your application. The shifter with the T handle comes straight up from the side of the tranny. Are you wanting the handle to come through the stock console ?

Not to worry. It's a completely non-stock application.

OK I'll send you the one with the T handle. If you do decide you want the one in the middle, and I think this is the one that will go through a stock console, I'll send you all the hardware from the T handle one.