C4 A/C Blower in a C3 upgrade

big2bird

Charter Member, Founder Bird-Run, Cruise-In Bird-R
I have commited to doing this simple mod to get more air flow. A good friend is making me a spacer, and I went to order a new blower motor and wheel. According to Rock Auto, Delco # 1580213 was used from 73-91, and Delco # 1580182 was used from 87-96. SO, was the larger fan not used untill 1987? Is #1580182 the unit I seek?
(And yes Gene, I will upgrade to a #10 ground wire at that time).:noworry:

I remember that the fan and motor that you seek was from a "later C4." I suppose 87 is "later." I'll check the part number on the one I have in a box this afternoon if no one gets back to you sooner.

I just got a motor/cage from a '94? and got over it....

I also thinking of pulling the entire a/c this fall when the humidity drops below 100% and them temps below 95f....these last two months damn nearly have been wetter'n the tropics....unusual rainfall, to make up for last winter when there is NONE...for damn nearly 6 months.....

think it was Wash DC or Maryland or summfin recently .....The object of pulliing it all down is to adjust the POA valve for 134, and then remold the glass housing to allow for the larger/deeper blower cage, so to get MORE flow yet....probably not needes in So Ca. Jeff, but here in sweat city...yes....damnit....:eek:

I just got a motor/cage from a '94? and got over it....

I also thinking of pulling the entire a/c this fall when the humidity drops below 100% and them temps below 95f....these last two months damn nearly have been wetter'n the tropics....unusual rainfall, to make up for last winter when there is NONE...for damn nearly 6 months.....

think it was Wash DC or Maryland or summfin recently .....The object of pulliing it all down is to adjust the POA valve for 134, and then remold the glass housing to allow for the larger/deeper blower cage, so to get MORE flow yet....probably not needes in So Ca. Jeff, but here in sweat city...yes....damnit....:eek:

Between the glass tops, the SS exhaust, and no insulation, it has a hard time cooling. My truck cools off faster. I need to do this mod, build some SS heat shields underneath, and insulate. Just haven't bothered till now.
Let me know what you come up with, although I doubt I ever will.

Over the decades I have worked on almost all the GM a/c systems from the A6 like my '72 and even owned a predecessor with a hot gas bypass valve on the side of the compressor....in my '60 bonneville, which BTW could freeze the balls off a brigade of monkeys in a black car in Texas in August sun... :trumpet::shocking:

at any rate, the variations are many and so wide in system designs....

Ignoring the 3 compressors I know of.....the A6, the R4 POS I would never use on any car, and the later Sanden/Sankyo/Sanyo whatever imports.....like a Z6 but smaller...lighter...

then the expansion valve/POA like my system, then the damn VIR system that's been in and out of availability like my POA valve over the years....
then the later shark with the orifice tube and pressure switches, and God knows what for POA is anything as I forget right now.....

then there is Chrysler....forget them....junk....

SO to know among all the possible combos of just what in hell has gone on in the past, and the kinds of oils, much less quantity of oils, then into the specifics of each system and adapting to 134....good assed fucking luck, you going to need it.....

:shocking::shocking::beer::harhar:

Yesterday I recieved my custom spacer. Extremely nice piece.
348a8a00758338.jpg
Today I picked up an 87 Vette Blower and wheel. My choice of Siemens(China) $35.00 or Delco (India) $70. I went with lifetime warranty.:crap:
348a8a0094c005.jpg

348a8a009d99ca.jpg
348a8a00a6e72d.jpg
Now, I cannot find the proper connector. I am usually pretty good at finding this stuff, but not today. All the connectors the houses say will fit are a "no way Jose."
Anybody got a good #? Mike?

Pigtail for the fan should be:

AC Delco PT189
GM# 12101917

Thanks Larry. That is the same as NAPA ECH-EC116. $12.00. I'll order it Monday. Thanks. (I'll take pics and write a tech on this when I get done)

Can I get one of those spacers? I got the c-4 blower, I have to order a heater core, Some jerk pulled the core out, so its going to be a full overhaul, might as well put all new while its apart.

Can I get one of those spacers? I got the c-4 blower, I have to order a heater core, Some jerk pulled the core out, so its going to be a full overhaul, might as well put all new while its apart.

A good friend of mine back east did that one as a present for me. If he reads this and wants to sell you one, so be it. The pattern is in the download section,

http://www.vettemod.com/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=51

could be made with hand tools and patience.

Bird, what's that comment about NO junkyards around....WTF you mean??? what in hell they DO with all the dead cars???

they not allowed to sell parts??? why??? don't tell me them idiot EPA types run out all the parts sources too....how in hell the working stiffs keep a car together?? take it to a shop and pay a week's wages for a freeking STARTER???

:bonkers::bonkers::bonkers:

Gene. The property in the county where I live starts at $1,000,000 an acre and goes up. The junkyards were squeezed out by developers. There are a few junkyards in LA and Riverside, and they strip the good stuff out quick.
They used to make cast iron pipe in Fullerton from engines/brake drums, and the such. EPA shut them down because the air and the pipe had a high lead content.
Working stiffs go to the zone.
The EPA got to the body shops here too. Water based paint/ins work only is the norm.

Remember Admores by Beach bl? I went by it Sat and it is a Pick a Part.:bonkers:

Bird, what's that comment about NO junkyards around....WTF you mean??? what in hell they DO with all the dead cars???

they not allowed to sell parts??? why??? don't tell me them idiot EPA types run out all the parts sources too....how in hell the working stiffs keep a car together?? take it to a shop and pay a week's wages for a freeking STARTER???

:bonkers::bonkers::bonkers:

Gene. The property in the county where I live starts at $1,000,000 an acre and goes up. The junkyards were squeezed out by developers. There are a few junkyards in LA and Riverside, and they strip the good stuff out quick.
They used to make cast iron pipe in Fullerton from engines/brake drums, and the such. EPA shut them down because the air and the pipe had a high lead content.
The EPA got to the body shops here too. Water based paint/ins work only is the norm.

Remember Admores by Beach bl? I went by it Sat and it is a Pick a Part.:bonkers:

Yep. And Rocko's in Santa Ana?

:shocking:How come you land is so cheap in anaheim?

The EPA got to the body shops here too. Water based paint/ins work only is the norm.[/quote]

$1m bucks an acre :huh: if i could figure out how to get my farm land out there and sell it, well lets say i could afford all the vettes i wanted :nuts:

Well, DUH!

Just box it up and ship it.:goodnight:

Yeah i thought about shipping it a cubic yard at a time to Jeff and Darrow and they can be seller's out there :beer: of course i will have to ask more for top soil and the sub soil will be a little less,but then again the sub soil is probably better than their top soil.
I'm going to have to work on this :amused: if fuel was not so high i could use a dump truck and haul several yard's at a time,i will have to figure the profit ratio on that.

$1m bucks an acre :huh: if i could figure out how to get my farm land out there and sell it, well lets say i could afford all the vettes i wanted :nuts:

Well, DUH!

Just box it up and ship it.:goodnight:

Yeah i thought about shipping it a cubic yard at a time to Jeff and Darrow and they can be seller's out there :beer: of course i will have to ask more for top soil and the sub soil will be a little less,but then again the sub soil is probably better than their top soil.
I'm going to have to work on this :amused: if fuel was not so high i could use a dump truck and haul several yard's at a time,i will have to figure the profit ratio on that.

Hey, I want some too. :harhar: