76 vettrod $11500 in Iowa

delbert62

Moving to California. The 76 would have to be emission tested. The car is in eastern Iowa right now. The car is completely drivable and road worthy. The only thing it really needs is paint and to be detailed out or finished to your own taste.here is what I've done so far:

Engine; 2000 5.3 LS family out of a chevy truck, LS6 intake, cold air intake, headers

Interior; New carpet, 1982 Corvette seats, 1982 Corvette tilt-telescopic wheel, various new parts, Original seats included

Drive train; Transgo shift kit in transmission, 2500 rpm stall torque converter, Rear end rebuilt w/ new hardened stub axles

Wheels & Tires; 18x8 Wheel Replica IROC wheels, 255-45-18 Goodyear F1 Supercar Tires, less than 500 miles

Suspension; Urethane suspension bushings in rear, 1 3/8" front sway bar, 1" rear sway bar, 460lb front springs, 330lb fiberglass rear spring, front cross bar, Bilstien shocks, entire car lowered approx 1.5 inches, Power Rack and Pinion steering

Brakes: All 4 calipers are stainless steel O-ring and rebuilt, new master cylinder

See pics at www.fineairbrush.com/corvette

The paint is showing it's age, there is a previous repair on the right front fender starting to show through( still very shiny andlooks good from 20 feet).The door panels have some cracks around the screw holes but still look pretty good.The only things that do not work on the car are the clock and the parking brake. The frame is as solid as can be. The car has 110,000 miles, the motor has 50,000 from what I was told.The car runs and drives fantastic, an absolute blast to drive. I would rather not sell it but from what I hear it will be quite a hassle to get it licensed in Cali.

Last edited:

Attachments

• corvette1.jpg
    corvette1.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 33
  • corvette2.jpg
    corvette2.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 37
  • corvette3.jpg
    corvette3.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 24
  • corvette8.jpg
    corvette8.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 13
  • corvette12.jpg
    corvette12.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 39
Those side pipes would be an automatic fail for sure. As long as the LSx has all the host cars emmisions equipment then it can pass. But would also need all the host cars exhaust before the catalytic converter is all.

Man that's beautiful!!!

If I had the $$$ I'd be on a plane now:)

It's a shame Cali has gone so fruity with it's emissions:(

In the place that gave custom and hot rodding it's birth, you can't even enjoy the hobby anymore:(

Bump for the sale

Very nice looking car , maybe I missed it but you don't mention the engine.
I'm pretty ignorant on engines but that looks like a late model injected engine , I would think if true you would want to note this as a selling point.If nothing else a little bump for you !

Very nice looking car , maybe I missed it but you don't mention the engine.
I'm pretty ignorant on engines but that looks like a late model injected engine , I would think if true you would want to note this as a selling point.If nothing else a little bump for you !

I guess I did forget to mention the engine. That's the best part. It is a 2000 5.3 LS family engine with LS6 intake. All computer controlled and runs fantastic(edited in first post)

Last edited:
Last Chance

Coming down to the wire. If I don't sell this car before 6/20 I am going to have to line up trucking to ship it to our new home in California. If I do that it will no longer be for sale. Anyone shipped cars enough to know a good transporter?
corvette2.jpg

Last edited:
If you used the stock 5.3 FI and computer then it should pass emission with the stock exhaust and catalytic converters. You should be able to find that stuff on Ebay.... the car looks great, IMO definitely worth trying to get it registered :thumbs:

If you used the stock 5.3 FI and computer then it should pass emission with the stock exhaust and catalytic converters. You should be able to find that stuff on Ebay.... the car looks great, IMO definitely worth trying to get it registered :thumbs:

Thats the biggest problem. It is a 5.3 w/ a2002 LS6 intake. All the emission stuff is gone. It sounds like I can get it passed but it will take some work.

I would assume they check the serial number

No, when you go to a ref they will ask you what you did. If it looks physically like a car LS1 then they will look for host emmisions equipment. Such as egr, vacumn lines, timing, check engine light, air injection, cat converters. Being new to california your first smog will be at a regular shop where they can tinker to get it to pass.

a ref won't car what emmision controls it originally had but what emmision controld the LS1 had. Or just keep a residence address there and keep it registered out of california.