Project "Rolling Thunder"

Rolling Thunder,
Good luck with you health and that awesome project. You are GIVING life to the best car in my opinion in the world, (A CORVETTE). Know that your car will be admired for many
many years to come. You're in my prayers and I have thoroughly enjoyed seeing you give life from top to bottom of what it going to be one of the best Vettes around.
God bless you and good luck with everything

Looking good Dave. Hopefully tomorrow is going to be a nice day too, and the next, and the next. Glad to see some new pics of the project. :thumbs:

Thanks boeing46 for the thoughts and wishes.

Hey Eddie, yep, had another good day. Great to have garage door open and let the sunshine in. Worked untangling wiring harness today. Sam will continue getting it ready for paint, David will be welding up the final design on the sidepipes and I'll try to look busy and keep breathing.

Dave

Looks like quite the bad-azz machine Dave. Coming along and looking great.

:beer:

Thanks, hope to have another update in a couple of days.Started fitting the LeMans gas cap today. The adapter I made needs a little tweaking to fit the new tank, but will be fully functional.

Dave

It's been almost three weeks since the last update. Work has progressed steadily with a good outcome. Everything is now on hold while I mourn the loss of a dear friend. The white haired gentleman in the pictures posted above was David Atkinson, as good a friend as I ever had. David suffered what appears to have been a massive coronary about midnight Tuesday night and passed away. No words can express my sense of loss or my gratitude for the time David and I had together. My thoughts are with his wife Sandy, daughter Erin and son DJ. God Bless you David... you will be missed.

I saw a piece of Mikes car this weekend at Bowling Green. It was in the "chair of shame." I hope you are doing good and having fun with the vettes, bikes whatever it is you enjoy doing. Just thought I would touch base with you.

Its the piece that says Thunder.
DSC02085.jpg

It's been almost three weeks since the last update. Work has progressed steadily with a good outcome. Everything is now on hold while I mourn the loss of a dear friend. The white haired gentleman in the pictures posted above was David Atkinson, as good a friend as I ever had. David suffered what appears to have been a massive coronary about midnight Tuesday night and passed away. No words can express my sense of loss or my gratitude for the time David and I had together. My thoughts are with his wife Sandy, daughter Erin and son DJ. God Bless you David... you will be missed.

I'm sorry for your loss. No idea how I could miss this post until tonight.

I saw a piece of Mikes car this weekend at Bowling Green. It was in the "chair of shame." I hope you are doing good and having fun with the vettes, bikes whatever it is you enjoy doing. Just thought I would touch base with you.

Its the piece that says Thunder.

Hi Eddie, things are moving slow on the RT project. Had a couple of bumps in the road on the paint, but its beginning to look like it is suppose to. With all of the health issues I can't accomplish what I would like to but still hope to finish the car. Ordered new accessory drive cog/belt system with water pump and alternator, should be here anyday. Really hope to get some seat time in the car before I check out but biggest thing is not leave my daughters with a half done project to dispose of. All is good.

Dave

DSC08333.jpg

DSC08335.jpg

DSC08349.jpg

shite...that's looking beautiful. I'm especially loving that molded in front spoiler.

shite...that's looking beautiful. I'm especially loving that molded in front spoiler.

Thanks!

Today the headlights went in. Not legal in height above the ground but I'll take my chances. These are 90mm Hella's. I plan to make a blackout to cover them out of tinted lexan.

Dave

DSC08354.jpg

DSC08353.jpg

DSC08356.jpg

Dave that is looking good. Mike and I were talking about it over the weekend while we were in Ky. Like always, keep up the good work and keep us posted as often as you can. :thumbs:

Looking good Dave. I'm with TT - I love the front spoiler :thumbs:

Thanks guys.... Eddie, next time you see Mike and Janie give them my regards.

Wayne, I have enjoyed watching your mods take shape. Love to see folks who are not afraid of a saw or grinder. :beer:

RT, that is much in the vein of a old neighbor friend up north near 20 years ago....his car was some of the thought/inspiration for some changes on my car....

super NICE work, and it's a shame about the not enough headlight height laws too...long as they work and don't blind oncoming traffic, I see no reason for that BS.....lord knows some jacked up SUV about 50' off the ground can't be offensive now, CAN it???

typical .gov....but that is a super front end work there....:drink::drink:

Looking good Dave. I'm with TT - I love the front spoiler :thumbs:

Thanks guys.... Eddie, next time you see Mike and Janie give them my regards.

Wayne, I have enjoyed watching your mods take shape. Love to see folks who are not afraid of a saw or grinder. :beer:
Thanks mate, doesn't mean I'm not worried as I plunge the saw plade into the body though :lol:

I'm getting close to a wrap on my project Rolling Thunder. Finishing up interior now and will get back to work under the hood in a few days.

Dave

DSC08570.jpg

DSC08573.jpg

DSC08577.jpg

DSC08582.jpg

DSC08586.jpg

DSC08601.jpg

DSC08613.jpg