Plastic Fantastic 2

I don't know what it is - maybe snow is boxing people in? but there have been an overabundance of trolls recently. One of the more memorable asked me how I grafted on the C5 front, so I pointed him to the relevant pages - his response "well, we'll have to agree to disagree" about what? I asked, he said what "it won't work"... uh, it's already in the car, what doesn't work? it won't fit.... :club: but there's pictures - "we just have to agree to disagree" .... of course, I'm a nice guy - I told him to go away and never come back... like that's going to work.... :clobbered:

Your "friends" from pirate 4x4 joined that corvette forum to troll you, maybe? I seem to remember they didn't think your land cruiser suspension would work. :)

goal here is to take the sharp edges off - I don't care about pretty
EMQrQuC.jpg

so close to blast... tie bar for the rear coil overs and offedited
​​​​​​​S7hibNK.jpg

Keep up the good work, don't let the trolls on CF get you down. The anti-troll spray still works well here at VetteMod. ;-)

Looks purdy to me - a little paint or powdercoat - Beauty! Set the suspension components off with a little contrast - ohh show car go fast!

Cheers - Jim

17 gallon tank....
ldiEZW7h.jpg
y1T0SPSh.jpg

move the frame up to where I can work on it easily
z3CoATjh.jpg
jak8ABGh.jpg

and fasten it in place
bKHn4axh.jpg
0r92JdIh.jpg
MnXekHzh.jpg
fv8rHW4h.jpg
GJ3C9yKh.jpg
wPkU7Sch.jpg

a

and sometimes you just gotta take a break and park on the snowbank
​​​​​​​Gh7dZtbh.jpg

Last edited:
then there was time to hack up a lung..... err... I mean cut some fiberglass

because the floor can be lower and because I want to put a seatbelt/roll bar in place.... I cut the rest of the floor out
PFL25i2h.jpg
8WuBdbGh.jpg
Ui05DbKh.jpg

the plan is move the battery to the passenger side, lower that wall behind the driver/passenger then lower the floor - in part because I can, but also because I eliminated the battery box to put the Camaro rear suspension in place.... this give opportunity for improvements - also decent speakers and luggage space (not installing a stereo for those just joining in - HOWEVER, I've found when it comes time to sell - it makes it a lot more sellable if the possibility is there...)

Will you lower the whole body with thinner spacers, or just the floor?

Some guys even put in the body rake, sort of like greenwood did only less, by adjusting the body spacer thickness.

Will you lower the whole body with thinner spacers, or just the floor?

Some guys even put in the body rake, sort of like greenwood did only less, by adjusting the body spacer thickness.

I'm not lower the body to the frame, just the rear floor. The problem would be the flares are set for its current body height. That said, it's pretty low with the new suspension.

last few things.... first brace the shock mount
amn9RJYh.jpg
XoTfSGDh.jpg
then box the end
vfmCn8Eh.jpg
o0SbpsQh.jpg

all that is left is finishing the tank mount, then off to blast.edited I expect to haul it there on Friday.editededited
in other news I finally pulled the trigger on the Miller multimatic 220.edited I'll offset the cost by selling my other tig machine and probably my mig as well (I say that with a lump in my throat because that machine is kick-ass and I really don't want to see it go)

back to the tank
1thusgyh.jpg

there's a muffler hanger that, if closed, would make a great tie-down-pull-point, so I did
zrwuj5yh.jpg
HFA6QIqh.jpg

one more body test fit
Gy3D8T7h.jpg
OpjFh5Eh.jpg

I'm glad I did, more clearance work necessary
JO1Jn4hh.jpg

final fill of holes and making sure all the welding is done
pJvoFl2h.jpg

front looks good enough
5IOeBF6h.jpg

there.... apart and ready for blast and paint
azb5rSUh.jpg

and on the trailer for a ride to blasting.... getting the trailer out was an adventure... ugh
k5fJaWjh.jpg

back on its dolly
1046jvoh.jpg

then spent a bit of time tonight milling on the other spindle
​​​​​​​

about the frame dimensions. I will publish the numbers here, and likely only here, once the car is done. I'm getting really tired of working on this stuff, then having others claiming credit for 'figuring it out'.... it's happened several times on other projects - so if they're really doing it on their own, I'll know.... but for now, not yet.

That said, I may have the points digitized so someone could literally build a new frame with what I'm working on. Of course, for that to happen this has to work as planned ....

and to revise my goals. A C3 Corvette that handles as well as a C7 but only if the C7 turns off the e-nannies. Also, being able to add those electronic aids using off-the-shelf-parts would be possible with what I'm doing. I've completely dismissed building an LS based 427 - I think the BBC 427 has better air flow and can make more hp... sounds better too ;)

Last edited:
"Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery. "

I don't know if that's any consolation.

"Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery. "

I don't know if that's any consolation.

I'm pretty sure that long-term-readers could piece together a frame like mine with what I've written over the course of this build.... but putting it all in one spot? not yet.