88-92 f-body serpentine parts for sale

JeffP1167

88-92 F-body serpentine brackets and pulleys. Pulled these off my 82 corvette to change to a corvette serpentine system. Comes with both brackets, P/S/P, and all pulleys except for the alternator.

50.00 plus shipping

Hey, I'm interested. All complete? Bolts????

no doesn't have the original bolts, has a combination of hex headed ones and torx.

I had to keep the a/c compressor and alternator, but has smog pump, power sterring pump, water pump. But I can easily get u all the stuff for a complete setup for extra next weekend.

I don't even need the pumps. I actually need some bolts. LOL The 82 TA has the alternator side sitting loose, if I put tension on the alt. you can see it pulling towards the front. There must be some bolts missing and possibly the support rod to the manifold too..or maybe the bracket is broken

I don't even need the pumps. I actually need some bolts. LOL The 82 TA has the alternator side sitting loose, if I put tension on the alt. you can see it pulling towards the front. There must be some bolts missing and possibly the support rod to the manifold too..or maybe the bracket is broken

shouldn't have been missing any bolts. I have the torx bolts for in that area though. The correct support rods were all in place so it's not that.

The whole bracket moves, I haven't checked it out but either bolts are missing or they're loose :)

The whole bracket moves, I haven't checked it out but either bolts are missing or they're loose :)

wow !!!!!!!!!!! you have been beating on the poor thing huh? I've never had it do that and from recollection any bolt thats on it is factory. I know for fact when all that stuff was put on everything except on brace was installed but that brace is for the a/c compressor and can't in anyway affect the other side. Tighten the bolts, not sure why they would have come loose all of a sudden. I never had to re-tighten anything that was involved with the serpentine drive.

I haven't driven it for more than 5 miles LOL I took the alternator off because the one in my 88 camaro was squeeling from a bad bearing. That's when I noticed that if you pull the tensioner off and relieve tension it springs back, let the tensioner back on the belt and the whole shebang is pulled out of whack. I'll make a vid ok ? ;)

I'll diagnose the problem next week or so and will let you know where you goofed hahahaha :D

I haven't driven it for more than 5 miles LOL I took the alternator off because the one in my 88 camaro was squeeling from a bad bearing. That's when I noticed that if you pull the tensioner off and relieve tension it springs back, let the tensioner back on the belt and the whole shebang is pulled out of whack. I'll make a vid ok ? ;)

I'll diagnose the problem next week or so and will let you know where you goofed hahahaha :D

all the stuff for the serp came off a 89 f-body so something had to have cracked or somehow the bolts came loose. Or when you took the alternator off someone else wanted to take the rest hahaha. I can get ya the correct torx bolts if anything is missing .... but I say something cracked, because no way do all 7 bolts come loose.

I dunno about F body brackets at all, but on my '88+ vette serp drive on my '72, what with having earlier iron heads on it at one point, the brackets have broken on both sides....on the a/c side I got lazy and left a bolt out since no boss on the head, near the intake mani.....it was fine, but then I got disgusted some time later and left off the brace to the exhaust stud from the a/c comp....that did it.....:surrender:

on alt bracket, I never did figger why it broke.....

my welder buddy fixes them no sweat....so no loss...

neither side has any brackets to the exhaust manifolds at this time....so far so good,....but all bolts are used as L98 heads are on there now....

I dunno about F body brackets at all, but on my '88+ vette serp drive on my '72, what with having earlier iron heads on it at one point, the brackets have broken on both sides....on the a/c side I got lazy and left a bolt out since no boss on the head, near the intake mani.....it was fine, but then I got disgusted some time later and left off the brace to the exhaust stud from the a/c comp....that did it.....:surrender:

neither side has any brackets to the exhaust manifolds at this time....so far so good,....but all bolts are used as L98 heads are on there now....

this T/A had late heads and late block all bolts intact. F-bodies are completely different they will all crack without all the reinforcement brackets in place.

Last edited:

this T/A had late heads and late block all bolts intact. F-bodies are completely different they will all crack without all the reinforcement brackets in place.

U mean the ones to the exhaust mani, maybe intake?? yeh, I can see that maybe a problem on another design....

:shocking:

U mean the ones to the exhaust mani, maybe intake?? yeh, I can see that maybe a problem on another design....

:shocking:

The 88-91 a/c bracket uses 4 of these braces and it's my understanding the frisbee disc on the water pump also helps reduce shock on the brace. I think on the drivers side there are like 4 braces as well.

would have looked like this

serpbraace1.jpg

All the braces are there, at least it looked like they were but I just had a quick glance at it, gonna dive into it this or next week

was it like that when it arrived? Because I never had a issue with it at all and the amount of movement like that would at least cause the belt to jump or something. Let me know what you find because it left with everything coorect.

That doesnt even look like the alternator that was on the car when it was shipped. I don't remember a label on the side of it.

see what I mean? between the case on that alternator look black, the one that the car left with are green ..... I know the f-body has a special width lower boss on the alternator so it's like a pressed fit between the serpentine bracket and if a wrong alternator is used and that boss is not the correct length the bottom of the alternator will move and slide on the lower alternator bolt.

I can say for certain this is how it left and the alrenator was was only about 4 months old before you bought it. Also notice your serpentine pulley looks at any rate silver, but in my pictures it was clearly black in color. You can see upper and lower torx bolts in place and reinforment bar was there when shipped.

engine002.jpg

brackets003.jpg

brackets002.jpg

brackets001.jpg

Last edited: