My 1954 corvette Restomod in Australia

C1ROD

Mods include
LS6 engine
C5 Front suspension(custom front frame rails(Art Morrison front clip)
Triangulated 4-bar rear suspension(Art Morrison)
1960 windshild and frame
1960 door plilars and door jambs(jambs have been modified similar to 1954 Motorama car)
1958 Doors modified to 1954 door skins
Brakes are C6
Pedals are C5 with 7" Booster

Just to mention some of the easy mods........

Here are some old pic's
PC240201.jpg
PC240208.jpg
P1220265v1.jpg

Looks better than this now!!!!

Last edited:
Looks like an awesome project:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

54 vett

We are finishing body work and about to reinstall our 54 body on c5 front end and old scholl 4 link rear,, Still looking for windshield frame lower section.. found most everything else.. slowed project when looking for bumpers.. Do you have new pictures ? what color are you planning for ext..

My 1954 Corvette Resto-Mod

Mods include
LS6
C5/6 Front suspension(Custom front frame rails and Art Morrison front clip)
Triangulated 4-bar rear suspension(Art Morrison)
1960 windshild and frame
1960 door plilars and door jambs(jambs have been modified similar to 1954 Motorama car)
1958 Doors modified to 1954 door skins

Last edited:
Some years ago, before the economic crash, I went to Kisseemee Florida NCRS show one winter, and so there were a whole bunch of C1 type builds outside in the sale/show corral and they looked just GREAT!@!!!!.....when these get done surely they could join the group, easy......the prices were around 120k to 150k now if anyone actually GOT that kind of bux is unknown....

but my point is, they were asking more for the updated beautiful C1's than then the NCRS resto cars....

:nuts::huh:

Update of the 1954 restomod

Here are some of the new firewall pictures(still to load more). This was specialy bonded 3m panel weld and I have now used it to bond the woven multiaxial fiberglass to the firewall.

My new C6 Z06 Brakes arrived....

Also got my new old Scottop from the U.S, this will be mated to the 1962 windshield frame. but all in good time.

LS6 installed to check clearances.

P1010729.jpg
[/IMG]

P1010660.jpg
[/IMG]

P1010723.jpg
[/IMG]

happy viewing...

Is the photo flipped or is the steering on the rong side???:bump::bounce::rofl:

Nice work, looking good....

;)

;)

NO the photo is correct....We drive on the correct side down here in Australia.(Ha Ha)

Here are some of the new firewall pictures(still to load more). This was specialy bonded 3m panel weld and I have now used it to bond the woven multiaxial fiberglass to the firewall.

My new C6 Z06 Brakes arrived....

Also got my new old Scottop from the U.S, this will be mated to the 1962 windshield frame. but all in good time.

LS6 installed to check clearances.

P1010729.jpg
[/IMG]

P1010660.jpg
[/IMG]

P1010723.jpg
[/IMG]

happy viewing...

Nice work. Looks good.:1st:

;)

NO the photo is correct....We drive on the correct side down here in Australia.(Ha Ha)

I thought I heard that you guys fixed your vintage vehicle registration laws so you didn't have to move the steering on vehicles of a certain age.

Last edited:
Yes thats true but I wanted to change it since the whole front end was built from scatch and this car will never go home to the U.S again.

Will post more pics soon of the firewall, pedal and steering column installation using a ididit colapsible RH drive column including all the brakets required for the installation this will also give an insight into why the aluminimum firewall.

Firewall goes smooth

The latest work after a couple of weekends the firewall is now done...
3mm Aluminimum bonded with 3M panel bond to the original firewall and then I used the 3M panel bond to stick the first layer of multiaxial fiberglass to the aluminimum. 3 layers of the multiaxial fibreglass later and some sanding here is the finished product.

This will now ad the additional mounting support and some extra safety for the mounts for the steering column, pedal assembly and door hinges. (These pictures are still to come....)

P1010749.jpg
[/IMG]

P1010750.jpg

Very nice,

regarding the C6 Z06 brakes, I have the same setup for my 82 TA and noticed a problem with the rotors. GM really cheaped out there, the rotors are directional vanes but NOT L&R specific, in other words...only the (I think it was) passenger side is rotational correct, the other one is the same and as such the wrong way around. An incorrectly mounted directional vane rotor will cool WORSE than a straight vane. In other words, that rotor will run a lot hotter and could become a problem. Because of this I'm putting together a 15" front rotor setup with custom brackets for my car....