QA1 Vs. Penske !!!!!!

OK: Just to recap , Instead of Bilstein's... I opted for Ride-tech HQ. Their Gas shocks and adjustable. Link below shows the shocks and available springs.

Stroke is 2.9 inches. Length compressed 8.725in /11.625 extended

Bump stop contact at 9.25 inches . I knew importance of travel limits not being on the shock!

I'm leaning toward the 7 inch spring @ 700 lbs

http://www.ridetech.com/store/coil-overs/

bumpstop_zps7387c8d6.jpg

Last edited:
You shuld be ok with 700 lbs springs assuming you will have 800 to 850 lbs of load at any rear wheel.

Remember that such short travel suspension will need a very stiff sway bar (I have 1-1/4" hollow bar) with rigid connections to the suspensions.

If the two longitudinal rods are near parallel and the shock is near vertical you can assume a shock to wheel ratio near 1:1 and the numbers are ok.

If you have your shock still in the hands, try to istall an O-Ring in the shock rod...... it will be very helpfull to check the max travel of the shock.

The lenght of the spring will only define the usable stroke of the spring itself.
This is consequence of the kind of steel used for the spring wire.

With such stiff and short springs, isn't unusual to have a stroke limit well before the coil bind..... more will produce a plastic deformation of the spring !

Hope will help my fiend.....

Many Thanks my friend. Ordering tomorrow . They told me I could swap up or down ....(probably 800 LBS spring's) if I needed at no charge. Nice when there's real customer service.

così a lungo il mio fratello italiano Grant