78 pace car for sale - dialup beware

livelotus

All,

After beign slapped in the hand by "the other forum" I'll try to post my moms vette here.

Any words of advice are also welcomed. My mom can't drive anymore and it's just parked inside the garage collecting dust.

Here is what I have: Asking $15k. 122K miles.

Car is located in El Paso TX. I will be here for the next 4 weeks to answer any questions, since the car will be right in front of me.

This is not a perfect car, it was a daily driver and all the original parts are there. Paint is good with a few scratches and nicks here and there. I've cleaned most of the dust off of it. It starts, drives, and brakes well. I would put new tires on it, before driving it around. The wheels are good and need a good polishing.

New alternator (2008), brakelines(1994), calipers and pads(2002). I have the T-top covers, locks, and a car cover for it. Owner manual and a chiltons manual are included, plus any other item I discover squirrel away. The transmission has a leak around the oil pan. The interior could use a good cleaning.

Edelbrock carb installed, the old quadrajet is in a box ready for a rebuild.

I have more pictures and I can take more for those interested.

Howard

FRONT012.jpg

020.jpg

022.jpg

023.jpg

024.jpg

028.jpg

Copy2ofstangandvet025.jpg

Engine015.jpg

Side016.jpg

YUP...Can't sell a car for a familly member, it has to be your own. I never read the rules and had my post closed. My mom is 77 and has no desire on learning how use a computer....though she does like to play solitaire on her windows 3.1 machine....

Thanks! The vette is in decent shape. It was never a garage queen, both my late dad and mon really enjoyed this car.

H

Looks to be in good shape.

Slapped on the hand for selling a vette?

YUP...Can't sell a car for a familly member, it has to be your own. I never read the rules and had my post closed. My mom is 77 and has no desire on learning how use a computer....though she does like to play solitaire on her windows 3.1 machine....

Thanks! The vette is in decent shape. It was never a garage queen, both my late dad and mon really enjoyed this car.

H

That's telling you all you need to know about "that forum" :footmouth:

The vette looks nice, good luck with the sale.