Spoiler idea, tell me what you guys think.

enkeivette

I'm thinking of using a piece of fiberglass (painted) or carbon fiber (not painted) 1/4" thick by 50 1/2" long and 8" wide. I would bolt this directly to the lip of my 82 bumper so that 4" of the 8" width would be hanging off the back end.

Cool or not? That is the question. It should be functional too.

Sort of like this, with two of the edges rounded. And it would start at the dip, right before the lip and it would not taper. The bumper at the very end is 48" after the taper, so it would hang an inch off either side but at the base it would be flush with the side of the body.

33p5001.jpg

Last edited:
all I see is a blue rectangular "thing" :huh:

ok, seriously.... you're thinking about a spoiler like Livrpool added to his car ?? Reminds me of old vintage racers, I don't think it's going to look good with your 'modern' rubber front bumper or the bubble window but go ahead and give it a shot.... maybe it doesn't look out of place, it's worth trying.... your rear bumper is fiberglass ? Just cut it off and fill the holes if you don't like it....

all I see is a blue rectangular "thing" :huh:

ok, seriously.... you're thinking about a spoiler like Livrpool added to his car ?? Reminds me of old vintage racers, I don't think it's going to look good with your 'modern' rubber front bumper or the bubble window but go ahead and give it a shot.... maybe it doesn't look out of place, it's worth trying.... your rear bumper is fiberglass ? Just cut it off and fill the holes if you don't like it....

My front and rear bumper are glass, 82 style. This would be paint matched, and notice that the ends on one side are rounded. I would bolt this to the lip on the 82 bumper, and it would hang over the end sort of extending the factory spoiler.

if you only want to extend the factory spoiler you might as well just buy the one I have.... then sell yours to get a few bux back.... not all that expensive after you sold yours and a lot less work.... :cool:

Kind of like GM did back when they originally tested the 80 rear cover?

Must be a reason why they left it alone...?????

Rear-Spoiler-Test.jpg

Karsten, mines already bonded in. Plus I spent all of my money on the glass 82 bumper thats sitting in my room.

SMYDA, thats pretty much what I'm talking about, but mine wouldn't look so queer. Mine would be longer, I'd round the edges, paint match it and it would be thicker. But that's the idea yeah.

And the vettes in the early 80s were designed with less than 200hp, so I'm not so concerned with the engineer's opinions. Haha.