Front Clip Alignment issues

SIXFOOTER

OK, so here is where I am:
Body back on and shimmed, doors on and shimmed to get back gap approx 1/4" top and a little less at the bottom.
I have the hood surround sitting on it but not glued down yet. I have the bolt in the nose in loose, no fenders yet.
For some reason the gap at the top on the right is 1/2" and an overlap on the left?
It also looks like the nose needs to come up a bit to get the rear edge of the surround to come down. Question is Why? I never broke the front bumper support loose and there was nothing wrong with the right side to start with. I took this thing apart to deal with some accident dammage on the drivers side and ran into rust dammage in the #2 pockets and WS frame.
Should I go ahead and break the front bumper extensions loose and get it in line or did I maybe miss something?

TIA

Are you sure that the surround is positioned correctly in the middle ? You need to move it around some. Measure from a point on the birdcage that is identical on both sides to the same point right in the middle of the nose (somewhere in front of the emblem and where the bumpers are mounted) and see if the distance is equal.

Also you need to make sure it sits high enough.

I would never mount a surround all by itself. I would mount the fenders and then put the intire clip on...Not that i ever did it, like that but i saw it in the restoration guide and it looks like the way to go. Maybe others will chime in.

Take a look at the "ECKLERS How-To" thread that is now posted in this section
and see if this helps answer any of your questions.

Also what year is your vette and do you have any pics?