new custom interior....'72??

mrvette

Phantom of the Opera
Other than that plywood/glass job with the white plastic pipes to hold gauges in that was posted over on DC recently, has anyone got any concepts about redoing the console and center gauge bezel area of a '72 shark with a/c now the gauge area is not all that critical as to layout me having some plenty of room for all sorts of crap on account of no real radio going in there....

the retaining of the stock shifter plate is desired, along with my custom little electronic controll panel shown where the a/c and cig lighter were...it's that POS plastic/vinyl surround piece I want to replace, same general shape but much more rigid and still padded, the stock one is 36 years tired and so am I...:ghost::crutches: so it's mist....

as with most sharks I have seen, for some damn stupid reason I can't fathom to this day, the center gauge bezel never lined up properly with the top edge on the upper dash, OR the bottom on the console piece, OR the dash sides....I would just as soon keep the dash side pieces and top section as it's too much major to pull off remaking them....no experiences in this field, knew a guy up north that did custom interiors for show cars, but lost contact years ago....

SO, any suggestions, articles, techniques, materials, concepts, are welcome....gotta do something as this area has bugged me long enough allready....

Just the insanity? A clean dash, One gauge hidden behind a flip up or down door, "like a ashtray lid", gas. Simple clean. Put the gauges in the engine compartment. You would open your hood more often. But if your really into gauges, Install a heat sensor in the passenger seat,, That way when your driving too fast the gauge will read in the red, and you will be fore warned.