Epic Save As Dragster Spins 360 Degrees At 140 MPH!

Back about 45 years ago, at 75-80 Dragaway which is not outta existence.....

I saw a full size Impala lose it, hit the divider, sail up and over top of his competitor to his left, clear the power wires on the left side of the left lane the competitor was in, and land upside down in the field, we all thought the guy was dead, but one hell of a roll cage saved his ass.....

:shocking: and yes, beer was involved......:beer:

I saw a full size Impala lose it, hit the divider, sail up and over top of his competitor to his left, clear the power wires on the left side of the left lane the competitor was in, and land upside down in the field, we all thought the guy was dead, but one hell of a roll cage saved his ass.....

Interesting, but who put the beer on the track?

Back then, guys brought their own beer, wasn't an issue....I left the digs not so very long after seeing that, too expensive a hobby to be competitive, so the last event for me was maybe 2 passes at a local autocross here in Jax....that was maybe 15 years ago or so.....

:clobbered:

Back then, guys brought their own beer, wasn't an issue....I left the digs not so very long after seeing that, too expensive a hobby to be competitive, so the last event for me was maybe 2 passes at a local autocross here in Jax....that was maybe 15 years ago or so.....

:clobbered:

I also quit drag racing in 1969, going to university and raising a child, I could not afford the money or time. But I cherish those days in New England with friends and several strips close to home.

Last edited:
I have no pix of me and cars, just never thought of grabbing a camera....oh well.....:drink::gurney:

Cameras were expensive, large, and FRAGILE.....so didn't suit my wildman attitude....

75-80 is back up and running. and that girl dragster driver that was not luck, she handled the wheel and the throttle perfectly . thats how its done.there are some good women racers out there. about half as many as they think , but good none the less. i would put Bunny Burkett against anyone man or women.