My son's '57 Chebby p/u project....

mrvette

Phantom of the Opera
Dunno if you guys have seen this, but I thought I'd share. You can mostly just look at the pictures and get the idea.
I'm estimating that the truck is halfway to back on the road. I have a lot of shit to finish up but all the figuring out seems to be done, except for exhaust routing.
Still have to:
Patch in relays & fuses
Add computer
add exhaust
check that transmission front pump is intact (long story w/ torque converters & inexperience)
re-joint driveshaft, replace center support bearing, shorten front section & add yoke
add trans dipstick & cooler
plumb cooling system
finish 3 more flares on brake system & bleed
grind / fit passenger's side caliper bracket
plumb power steering
add gauges
add body harness
...Ok, maybe less than half done. Still, I'm damned close to having it rolling, stopping & steering. Then I can get it onto a trailer any time it seems appropriate. That alone will feel like a pretty large accomplishment. It's been a long time since the truck did all of those things - or any of them, really.

he sent this in a email....his Fiance's grandfather's truck, in California, he is putting an LS engine/trans in it....and updating suspension, brakes, wheels/tires, etc...so the old farm truck lives on....learning to haul ASS, not junk....

:crutches::flash: